sali gets braced on monday!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sali

sali gets braced on monday!!

#1 Post by sali »

My journey has begun and I have been reading other people's stories and it has inspired me to write a story myself. I have always had low self esteem because of my smile or lack of. I am one of those people that thinks "if I had a better smile this wouldn't happen to me". I am tired of feeling that way so today I had the consultation, things went well and I even got my xrays and molds taken. I even got my spacers put in! What a joy those are. LOL. I go again next week to get fitted for my RPE which I am not looking forward too, but the week after that I get my top braces put on! I am so thrilled things are moving so swiftly. I was scared that it would take a while to make everything happen.
Last edited by sali on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KatieBug

#2 Post by KatieBug »

Congrats and Welcome!!! I am too going to be braced soon. I go tomorrow for my molds and hopefully my spacers. I will be fitted with a herbst appliance to correct my overbite and InOvation C Ceramic Tops, Metal Lowers. I hope my progress moves as swiftly as yours!!!

Best of Luck

-KatieBug :D

[/url]

markybwoy

hi

#3 Post by markybwoy »

Hello and welcome!

Wow! Your ortho doesn't waste time at all huh?!

Consultation, molds, x-rays and spacers all in one visit, phew! What a busy appointment you had!

My ortho says to me, "Braces are all about patience". You'll need to use all the changes you see at the very start as motivation for the long journey ahead. It will be worth it in the end! Good luck and keep us posted.

chillin-in-grilz

#4 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

thats awesome you are starting a journey to a beautiful smile, great for the new year! :)
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

sali

#5 Post by sali »

Isn't it crazy how fast they did everything and to think it was only my consult visit!!! I'm trying to remind myself how great the end result will be but it's hard when these spacers are a pain. At least the braces won't be as bad.

and thank you all for the welcome!

hannahwebbo

#6 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Sali

Congratulations on the decision to get braces. i have had the same feelings as you and that is the reason that i am getting braced. I hated feeling shy and embarrassed about my mouth when i was around people and i cant wait until i dont feel that way anyway.

Wow things have definatly moved fast for you. It taken me forever to get to the point of where i am today ( but things do move slower over here in the UK).

As for the RPE your getting, it wont be so bad. I have got a nance button which i think is similar to what your getting. It does feel uncomfortable for a while when you first get it in, it will feel huge in your mouth at first and it probably will make you talk funny. After a while though you hardly notice that its there and your talking will go back to normal.

I agree with bracedagain, the spacers have been the worst part for me so far. i had such bad pain when i had those things in for a week.

I hope your rpe fitting goes well next week

Hannah x

sali

#7 Post by sali »

I hope the rpe isn't as uncomfortable because culinary classes start next week too. lol At least I won't be able to eat all of my food.... :D

sali

#8 Post by sali »

Well I had my appt. yesterday and I'm not getting my rpe until next week.

sali

#9 Post by sali »

Well, I get my expander tomorrow morning. No more spacers!!!!!!!!!! YAY!.

Miss Smiley

#10 Post by Miss Smiley »

:-88 to no more spacers!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

sali

#11 Post by sali »

It's been so long since I posted. Well I still have my rpe but I went to my ortho last week and he said to stop turning it! yay! I am so excited I would dread having to turn it every third day because that meant a big headache from the pressure. Plus, I get my braces next month!! I'm super excited to finally begin the straightening phase. :D

sali

#12 Post by sali »

Well, I'm finally getting braces on monday! I don't think I'm going to be getting all of them yet. But, some are better than none! I'm super excited, nervous and ready to finally get the ball rolling. I've had my rpe on this whole time so I think I'll be fairly comfortable with them. I keep trying to take some pics but they never come out clear :? I'll hopefully be able to take some clear ones before monday.

browneyedgrl

#13 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Sali,

Good luck on your b-day!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]