Roxiee's Story ~~ Bye Bye Baby Teeth

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

roxiee

Roxiee's Story ~~ Bye Bye Baby Teeth

#1 Post by roxiee »

Hey everyone,
One of the scariest things Ive had to go thru so farr!!!
My Ortho opted for whats called Canine Substitution.
Im 24, and Im congentitally missing my 2 lateral incisors. So I still had my 2 retained baby canines safely in place AND my baby lateral (because my adult canine never had space to come in. )
So that means i needed to remove 3 baby teeth.
The idea here, is let my canines grow where the lateral teeth would have been, and the braces will close my gaps.
I was scared....
I was lucky in 2 ways
1)My canines both grew in on their own in the lateral spots (One is a little slow, the ortho had to pull it down with the braces tho)
2) I have some crowding, so not a big deal that Were closing the gaps instead of doing implants.

I needed extractions of my 2 retained baby canines, as well as my baby lateral.
My ortho told me that all the retained teeth had to go.
Ive got pics to explain. :D

Before Picture

You can see how my canine on the right is completely out of position, and how small and funny my baby tooth looks like on the left.

Pic 1 -
By roxiee at 2007-11-20
After my extractions. that side i removed my baby canine and baby lateral to allow my adult canine room to grow in.

Pic 2 -
By roxiee at 2007-11-20
Front View of teeth after extractions

Pic 3 - Image
By roxiee at 2007-11-20
Close up view of my canine growing in. My baby teeth were not allowing it room to come in cause they never got loose and fellout.

Pic 4 -Image
By roxiee at 2007-11-20
After extractions - You can see that my canine grew in the spot where my missing lateral should be, and the gap thats caused by my missing teeth.

Pic 5 -

3 months later. My canine is almost grown in.

When Im done, Im going to fix my canines to look like laterals -cause they're kinda pointy and not shaped right -maybe veneers!

Anyways, Im going in again Dec 12 for thicker elastics to close the gaps.
I was so scared to get this all done. But felt so much better afterwards.
My advice JUST DO IT!!! Dont be afraid to make the leap. Its worth it.
ill keep updating you all. :)
Last edited by roxiee on Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

victor36

#2 Post by victor36 »

Hi Roxiee and welcome to ArchWired! You're going to be so glad you decided to go on this journey; I know I have no regrets! Canine substitution is very interesting. I've never heard of it. Your smile is coming along very nicely; the end result is going to be stunning!

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.