LadyJ's story - B-DAY update and pics (pg.3)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

carolEEna

#46 Post by carolEEna »

Thanks! I hope the swelling goes down soon! Have you been doing the salt water rinse? If so, is it helping any? That reminds me, I need to pick up some more lip balm. Hope you don't run out!

LadyJ

#47 Post by LadyJ »

carolEEna - Yes, I have been doing the salt water rinses, mainly just at night before bed and right after I get up in the morning (when it feels like the brackets are sunk into my cheeks). And yeah, it has helped.

I dunno if that's why I haven't had a lot of pain or sores, or just luck on my part and the size of my brackets.

The main thing, I think, is the salinity makes the water "slicker" if that makes sense... When I drink water during the day it hydrates my mouth and I feel better, but even so the brackets rub my cheeks a little. After a salt water rinse they're more lubricated and seem to slide easier. I dunno, just an observation.

UPDATE: One week out today and I'm almost completely adjusted! My teeth don't hurt unless I'm biting down on something - even my molar buildups aren't causing much tenderness - and for the most part my lips and cheeks are used to the brackets rubbing. I haven't used wax in days, and I'm doing better about keeping lip balm on and drinking lots of water.

Still reducing (portion-wise) what I know I can eat. I get frustrated sometimes and give up messing with it halfway through. If the milkshakes and whatnot don't fill in the missing calories, maybe I'll lose a little weight after all (good thing!). :wink:

Just picked up my prescription "magic mouthwash" (the pharmacist had to compound it for me) and it's helping too. Next up: PrevaDent at-home flouride gel.
Braced for the first time on January 17th, 2008!
Planned with OrthoCAD iQ
Damon 3 ("social six") and 3MX brackets
Estimated treatment time: 18-20 months
This is what I'm going for!
Click on WWW to read my braces story.

carolEEna

#48 Post by carolEEna »

I’ve been doing them about 3-4 times a day and feel like it’s really helping. I'm only needing wax on my 2 front lower bottom brackets.

Sounds like yours is a combo of all three. :) That is great you’re almost completely adjusted!

Question: when you say he had to compound it for you, what does that mean? :oops:
Wisdom teeth extracted: 11/09/07
Upper & lower arches braced, but only the 6 upper front teeth wired: 1/22/08
All 4 Bicuspids extracted: 1/26/08
Upper & lower fully wired: 2/6/08
Est. treatment time: 18 months
In-Ovation C brackets
De-braced: 2/11/10
Essix retainers both arches

Kara

#49 Post by Kara »

Hi Lady J! How's things going? Today is my two month anniversary for braces. I posted new pics. Just remembered that you and I had some similarities so thought I'd check in on ya. Hope things are going well.

Kara