Newly Braced...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rozocrat

Newly Braced...

#1 Post by rozocrat »

Hey all, I'm new to this forum, and I have to say...it's helped me feel much better about getting and having braces. :)

So my top braces were put on two days ago and I didn't think the process was so bad...although I was a nervous wreck. The only time it hurt was when the dental assistant got a little too close to my gums.

I know I should ask the ortho more questions, but I was so nervous I forgot what I was going to ask him. He told me at my consultation that I had two baby teeth remaining (I'm 20) but he said he probably wouldn't have to pull any teeth (yay!). But when the assistant put my brackets on, she skipped the baby tooth (I forgot to mention that in the x-ray the top baby tooth had the adult tooth above it, but the lower jaw baby tooth was missing the adult tooth). I guess I'll just have to ask next time.

I didn't think it had hurt too bad a few hours after they went on, but then I took a nap...and woke up almost crying.
It's a shame too...I've broken many bones, cut off the tip of my finger, went through surgery...but this kind of pain was awful. :(

It's not so bad today, but I suppose my teeth have moved because the wire got longer in the back and I just spent 45 minutes trying to trim it. And I didn't even get all of it.

And I'm also having trouble getting the wax to stay on, does anyone have any tips for that?

Sorry to ramble, but I'm the first in my family to get braces so it's nice to talk to people who understand. :)

Before ( Sorry for the funny face, I have an awful overbite and trying to line up my jaws is tres horrible)

After

Thanks, and I will update! :D

ilovemacs

#2 Post by ilovemacs »

Good luck! Congrats on getting started! :D

timewaster

#3 Post by timewaster »

The shape and color of your teeth are lovely! I hope the pain has eased up a bit!