Betho gets Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betho

Betho gets Braces

#1 Post by Betho »

I figured I would start my story here since I had started it in the bracket forum and I didn't feel it was quite the right place for it.

So, the abridged (no pun intended ha ha) version...

I'm Bethany, 24 years old, corn-fed Iowa girl on a mission to straighten her Jekyl and Hyde smile. When I say that I mean straight on one side, trainwreck on the other. I have a class 2 maloclusion (sp?) and a slight open bite on one side and a overlapping bite with the left molars. I also have TMD on both TMJ's so hopefully this will alleviate some of the tension that has tortured me for years.

Approximate treatment time - 15 to 18 months in Damon's...not too shabby

My incredibly awesome ortho was excited to work on me since she said I take such good care of my teeth. I've never had a cavity (sticking to water and not soda has made sure of that) and the shape of my teeth is good so she was happy to help me with this huge step in my life.

Got braced at 7:00 a.m. November 9th, took about 2 1/2 hours as a couple brackets decided to play escape artists a little early during the process.

First day I went back to work and wiggled my mouth around in awkward gless. Lunch was a pain as I could barely eat soup and mashed potatoes. Didn't use any wax though as I'm used to biting my cheeks due to the crowding, isn't that awful?

Second day....oooh lala the pain! Especially my front top teeth, they felt all loose and wiggly. The top left incisor felt like it was already on the move, much to my bewilderment as it doesn't need to move! Oh well, doc knows what she's doing! I kept telling my husband my mouth was sick and he offered to cut up my food for me, how sweet! Applesauce and cottage cheese and ice cream and cake....what a diet! :oops:

Third day....alot of the same, but a little more solid food. Brushing is going well but flossing...not so much. Can't get the floss threader through a few wires due to the crowing but I'm not in too bad of shape yet. Doggies found the teeny tiny incidental toothbrush and ate it, ARGH! Good thing I have a backup! My husband actually found the brush as he was picking up the poo later, GROSSS! At least I know which one did it, RIKKU! :shock: I discovered that wine and Tylenol PM are a definate ocean of sorts and will knock out a rhino, just what I needed!

Today....more irritation than anything else but a definate improvement. Still lots of pain though and a call to the ortho office later I'm told I'm not taking enough pills. I need 800 mgs of ibuprofen every 6 hours, phew! Good thing I asked! No wax yet, can you believe it?! I do need to use the salt water as KK recommended, I'm not being a good patient, argh :? The aforementioned incisor has definately moved and feels like it's being pushed back like my right incisor, nooooo! I don't need matching fangs! LOL I'm sure it will all work out in time.

The morning they went on:

[img]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174 ... C00897.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174 ... C00909.jpg[/img]

And a really close up pic of the top arch (kinda):

[img]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174 ... C00919.jpg[/img]

Sorry the braces pic is so in your face. I'll get more pics up soon, promise!

Thanks for reading my story!

Bethany