KathyC - Finally got Braced!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KathyC

#16 Post by KathyC »

Here's an update. I got my first adjustment last week. My Ortho changed my top archwire to a heavier one and he engaged more teeth on the bottom. I was in a little more pain than usual the first few days after the adjustment but it wasn't too bad. I am seeing so much movement, it's really exciting.

My Ortho is talking about inserting TAD's or mini screws in my jaw to help with the movement. I'm very apprehensive about this just because it sounds really painful. He assures me it's not and that I will be very happy with the results. I'm still not sure about the whole thing.

Now, I have a cold and have been sick for over a week now. I was really happy that I was using very little wax but now that I'm sick I have been going through wax like crazy. I think with all the sneezing and coughing my brackets are rubbing in places that they weren't before. I'm going to the doctor today and can't wait to feel better.

Miss Smiley

#17 Post by Miss Smiley »

I just got over being sick a couple weeks ago! I hope you're feeling better and I feel your pain.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

discomom

#18 Post by discomom »

Kathy, I know how you feel!! I am STILL coughing like a crazy person!!!! I hope that you get to feeling better soon!! Lori

discomom

#19 Post by discomom »

Kathy, I hope that you get to feeling better. I know that once I took 3 days off work that my doctor prescribed for me, I seemed to get better but it really has taken a long time. And I do still have a cough though. Tomorrow is my last day of work until the 2nd. That will be nice. I will email you!! Lori