kikia and her braces experience...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kikia

kikia and her braces experience...

#1 Post by kikia »

well, about a month ago, i finally went to an ortho. i went to two orthos in the beginning of the year to check out how bad my teeth really is. i knew i needed braces but i couldn't afford them since i'm relying heavily on my parents financially. my parents weren't very supportive of me and so i just scrapped off all the plans to get braces until i find a part-time job. but then i started talking to them and told them that i would definitely get braces in my life.. it's just a matter of WHEN. they reluctantly loaned me the money.. and tomorrow i am getting my braces put on! i had 4 teeth extracted (it was painful seeing good teeth come off!) 2 weeks ago. i'm not too psyched about getting my braces on, but hopefully i'll get adjusted to it and it won't be a big impact on my life. =) smiles.

Dodger(UK)

Re: kikia and her braces experience...

#2 Post by Dodger(UK) »

kikia wrote: i had 4 teeth extracted (it was painful seeing good teeth come off!)
That was probably the most discomforting stage of my ortho treatment, having 4 perfectly healthy, normal, but awkwardly positioned teeth extracted. Okay if they're almost falling out due to tooth decay but when they're almost perfect it does leave you a bit dispirited.

At the end of the day though, it's all necessary to having great looking, and productive functioning teeth. :D

Nice to hear your story, Kikia and I'm glad you eventually got your loan :wink: You'll be thanking your parents for more than just the money they loaned you, when your smile is nice, straight and bright :wink:

Kristine

#3 Post by Kristine »

Hello and best of luck!

kikia

#4 Post by kikia »

:D thanks guys =)

i got my braces on yesterday sept 11.. my self-confidence just went plop.... down, down, down. i cant close my mouth. my talking is funny. i sound childish while trying to talk to people with the braces. someone asked me for my ID card at the movie theatres because i didn't look over 17.. (which by the way, i am older than that!!!) i guess i look like a young teenager now even though i am about to turn 2 0 . lol.

after getting braces, i feel like i can't stand another 2 years with a metal mouth, but i'm sure i'll get used to it with time.. and when there's progress in my teeth (which i've seen a little bit of.. i know it's only been a day since i got it, but i can SEE my crooked teeth shifting already!!!) =) so cheers to the perfect set of teeth i always wanted. =)

Dodger(UK)

#5 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Hopefully you won't look back now, kikia :D

Kristine

#6 Post by Kristine »

Hope you're feeling better soon. Do they hurt?

I'm not looking forward to learning to talk again. :P

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

Remember to use plenty of wax and hang in there. You will get used to the braces in a week or two, and soon you won't be talking so funny anymore!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!