pharrstarr-braces story+ pic. had my first adjustment today!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pharrstarr

pharrstarr-braces story+ pic. had my first adjustment today!

#1 Post by pharrstarr »

Well, I got my braces on yesterday morning. The worst part was when they put some really NASTY NASTY stuff on my teeth. I thought I was going to jump right out of the chair! After that was all cleaned up, the rest was a breeze! I definately had a saliva leak for a few hours. I went through the rest of the night without any problems. I woke up this morning figuring I'd be in some dicomfort, but nothing. I'm almost wondering if they put them on tight enough, or something. I got ceramics on both top and bottom, and I love them! I went out with some friends last night, and they didn't even notice for like 20 mins! They remind me of little ice cubes on my teeth. I was taking pics to send to all my friends, and it took me a while to get a pic where you could actually see my braces, it pretty much was a close up of my mouth. I'm soooo exited to have a new and healthy mouth in 2 yers. I sometimes think that 2 yrs is a long time, but then I remember the last 2 yrs, and how crazy FAST time goes. I really must say koodos for this site, it feels good to talk to others that are experiencing the same things, and the information I have learned from everyone already is so putting me on the best path! Thanx everyone! :-#)
Last edited by pharrstarr on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

Congratulations! Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay. You should put up some pics of your little ice cubes on here too. 8)
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

pharrstarr

#3 Post by pharrstarr »

Wow maybe I spoke a moment to soon. I went to use my electric tooth brush and yawzers, were my teeth sensative! Also I find that if I clink my teeth together when I talk, it's a zinger. I took an alieve that really helped alot.

pharrstarr

pharrstarr's little ice cubes

#4 Post by pharrstarr »

[img][img]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee20 ... ics006.jpg[/img] I have never done this pic stuff before so I hope it works! This is a pic of my new braces, ceramics on both tops and bottoms with clear ligs. Whatcha think?[/img]
Ceramic uppers and lowers for 2 yrs, SARPE for 6 months, jaw surgery to correct underbite.

Laurie

#5 Post by Laurie »

Oh wow those look fantastic on you!

pharrstarr

#6 Post by pharrstarr »

So, it's been 1 week with my braces on and it definitely gets better every day. My teeth were loose for a few says, but I 've noticed that yesterday and today they hurt alot less and are less loose. My mouth totally misses chips and salsa ( but my hips don't)! I will say that I have been more active and eating less cuz I don't want to have to brush and floss so many times. Flossing is already getting easier in between extremely crowded teeth. I'm getting more used to looking at them on my teeth also.
Ceramic uppers and lowers for 2 yrs, SARPE for 6 months, jaw surgery to correct underbite.

Rainy

#7 Post by Rainy »

Pharrstar, please let me know when you eat the chips and salsa. I am waiting to do it too. Got some avacodos ripening up on the counter, and I hope they are ready for the weekend. Me, some salsa and guac will have a nice meal on Sat evening hopefully. I just have to figure out a way to do it by biting them on the side.

Rainy

chillin-in-grilz

#8 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Wow your braces are amazing! Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

pharrstarr

#9 Post by pharrstarr »

OK, this is week 2 in my ice cubes. Starting to notice them alot less. Pain is gone, but certain teeth are real sensitive. I can tell that its less crowded on my bottom teeth already. My bite isn't fitting together the same, alot of my teeth aren't touching anymore while others that never touched, are. I completely understand soft foods! I've already used up the utensil brush end of my tooth brush, had to get a packet of those. Haven't used any wax in a week. I always rinse and gargle with warm salt water ( thanx kiwi) I remember my mother givin me that for sore throats. I haven't had any mouth sores or sore spots, and I swear the warm water feels good on my gums. Way still not eatin any chips, but I did make some avocado, salsa, black bean dish ( thanx rainy) it makes up very nicely. I've had alot of fun experimenting with different favorite dishes to make them chewing accessable. Oh, and sneezing has become very messy! :-}

cwatt1

#10 Post by cwatt1 »

Oh, and sneezing has become very messy! :-}
:lol:

Know what you mean :!:

Continuing great progress to you! Sounds like you're progressing very well.

Click here to read about my progress.

pharrstarr

#11 Post by pharrstarr »

So, I finally went in for my first adjustment ( every 6 weeks). It went good, the doc put a thicker wire in to get my teefs a movin more. I just started to eat chips and salsa again. I find it easier to eat the baked chips, they break easier. Totally stained my clear ligs from eating vodka soaked raspberries, luckily the ladies that change the ligs don't mind if I come in every week to change stained ligs. It was a little difficult to put new ligs on the bottom teeth, with the thicker wire and super crowding. So far my teeth don't feel any discomfort, I'm sure that will change by tonight or tomarrow. Thanx for alieve. Anyways, hope all is well with everyone, till next type in.

Miss Smiley

#12 Post by Miss Smiley »

Sounds like you're doing very well! Your avatar is so cute, is that your pup?
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

pharrstarr

#13 Post by pharrstarr »

That's a pup to my mom and dad. I raise them and that was from the last litter. Sometimes I can get just the right pic. Thanx.