Braces at 25

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cwatt1

#16 Post by cwatt1 »

I can now floss both arches within three minutes.
Wow, remind me never to get into a flossing race with you, Karen :lol: I sure hope I can get to that point! I have to say that I also really like the SuperFloss, though!

Click here to read about my progress.

Miss Smiley

#17 Post by Miss Smiley »

I have to agree with the superfloss, I love the stuff. I started using it before braces to get under my bridge and a gap between two molars. Love the stuff, I wish it was a bit mintier like waxed mint floss.

Anyhow, welcome and I hope your lips are doing better. Hopefully you're not in too much pain. It took me a while before I was up and biting into foods again. I still have a tough time with sandwiches with romaine lettuce and shredded carrots. Don't worry, you'll soon get into a regimen that works for you. Next thing you know, you'll be biting into crackers, pizza, sandwiches, and almost everything else.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

AprilONeil

#18 Post by AprilONeil »

It's been a while since I've posted..but I had my second visit today since getting braced and it made me remember this site! Today, I had my third (and thickest) archwire so far. I also now have the "chains" and rubberbands.
The goodnews...I don't have to wear the bite plate right now :)

My teeth are definitely hurting...worse than before. I took a pain reliever and I'm sure I'll be taking more tomorrow.

As for flossing, I'm still pretty bad at it...but I'm getting there. They said my gums were a little puffy so they want me to pay extra attention to my upper teeth (those are the ones I have the hardest time with!)