My McStory to prepare for surgery!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cwatt1

#16 Post by cwatt1 »

Seriously, that sounds like good news about your surgery -- that only one jaw needs to be moved.

I must say your teeth are looking beautiful -- really white and straight. I'm envious!

Continued success :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

hedybleu

Congrats!!

#17 Post by hedybleu »

Hi Seriously!
Great news that you only need 1 jaw surgery. :jump:

You asked about my experiences and I was recently told I needed both upper & lower jaw surgeries, but only because of a crossbite and not the sleep apnea. I didn't like the numbness odds my 1st OS gave me (see my post Numbness & Age" under the surgery thread), so I have an appointment with another OS next week. I haven't started to blog, not really sure how to do that but I do have some info under this tread titled "Hello from Charlotte, NC". Oh and it looks like I may need 2 extractions along with the surgery.

Please keep us posted on your progress Seriously! I hope you are adjusting well.
~ Hedybleu

MommaDucky

#18 Post by MommaDucky »

Looking great so far, seriously! Your photos look fabulous - you must be pleased with your progress.

I know what you mean about staining the rubber bands... I have ceramic uppers and usually get clear ligs, but I got so tired of them turning yellow and I missed eating curry! I went with bright pink for my first color one week ago today. Still haven't had curry yet, but it's on my list! Perhaps tonight's the night.

I can also relate to your lowers being crowded. I had all four first premolars (or bicuspids, whichever you prefer) extracted - upper and lower. My front teeth in my lower arch were incredibly crowded, and are now just finally straightening out. I thought it would happen faster because the bicuspids are out of their way, and I had those removed nearly three months before I had my braces put on! It's hard to describe how bad my bottom teeth were to begin with. My front four were crowded and overlapped one another, and the canines were practically perpendicular to the front ones -- the back sides of my lower canines faced each other. Now I look at my progress and think of how far I've come -- hopefully your lower arch will stop being stubborn, too! It feels so good when you really start to see those changes.

But your smile is gorgeous, I only wish my teeth were as straight as yours! Keep up the good work, and I'll make sure to come back in two weeks to hear about your next adjustment.

:)
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

MommaDucky

#19 Post by MommaDucky »

Thanks! I'm pleased with my progress in three months. Hopefully things will continue to go this quickly and smoothly, and perhaps I can really blow that "24 month estimated treatment time" outta the water!!
-Katherine-

cwatt1

#20 Post by cwatt1 »

Great pics, Seriously! I wish I could take closeups like that, but I think my camera isn't quite good enough.

Yes, you can really see the movement in the lower arch!

MommaDucky

#21 Post by MommaDucky »

Looking fabulous, keep up the good work!

I was wondering what kind of brackets you've got - I noticed that the shape of them is unlike anything I've seen before. Do you happen to know the name of them?

to cwatt1: are you using a digital camera? If so, there's usually a setting for what's called 'macro' or 'digital macro', it allows for clear closeups like seriously has here! I've found I get the best results with such a setting.
-Katherine-

cwatt1

#22 Post by cwatt1 »

to cwatt1: are you using a digital camera? If so, there's usually a setting for what's called 'macro' or 'digital macro', it allows for clear closeups like seriously has here! I've found I get the best results with such a setting.
Thanks for the tip, Katherine! Yeah, actually I am using the "close-up" setting -- picture of a little flower on it. I can get pretty clear shots -- just can't get as close as some of you (e.g., seriously) without compromising quality. Maybe I need a higher megapixel camera...

MommaDucky

#23 Post by MommaDucky »

Very exciting! Glad to see that you are noticing changes already, that's great.

Hope you've had a good weekend!
-Katherine-

flesh-was-sweet

#24 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Fantabulous progress seriously!

The bottom row especially - so lovely and white also!

Miss Smiley

#25 Post by Miss Smiley »

I never considered ortho for sleep apnea. I used to be a horrid snorer and my dad has sleep apnea, but after 6 months of ortho, I guess my mouth sits better, it shuts when I sleep. Hehehe The other half has noticed that I don't snore really loud anymore, it's mostly just drooling. I'm glad you're on your way to getting a better nights rest, I hope everyone can sleep as sound as I have started.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix