Livi's braces story....3rd adjustment

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cwatt1

#16 Post by cwatt1 »

Great that things have settled down a little for you, Levi! Here's to continued smooth sailing!

And what terrific news that you're back to playing the flute again :D

Click here to read about my progress.

Livi35

#17 Post by Livi35 »

Wow, I can't believe it has been 10wks since my last post. I feel naughty for not posting more often, just have been very, very busy with work and I have bought a block of land and am starting the building process which has taken up a heap of my time.

I had my third adjustment only two days ago, lost the powerchains between the extraction spaces but got one across the front uppers instead. Also got a much thicker wire (it looks massive compared to the others, it is so black!!) and elastics. Don't think much of those elastics, I keep losing them. When I try put them back on after eating or cleaning, they just seem to grow wings and fly, and then hide :roll: And I keep forgetting to take them off before I eat, and wonder why I can't open my mouth properly! And they RUB heaps.

As for my teeth, the amount of movement since I began this process is amazing, my uppers are all pretty well aligned (at least compared to what they were when I first started & I still need to close the extraction gaps); my lowers, well that pesky little left lower lateral incisor that was slow to join the party has finally moved, and is in line with all the others. I did get a good demonstration of how quickly they could move a few hours after this adjustment. When I went to the ortho, I had two gaps between my upper fronts and my two eye teeth (about 2mm each - easy peazy for flossing :D ), and after the application of the powerchain, the new wire and elastics, by that evening they had closed and no more gap (but loads and loads of pain). That sort of blew me away a little, I didn't realise just how quickly they can move. I now know why the ortho's are so stringent with wearing the elastics and retainers as they say!

There is still obviously heaps and heaps of work to do yet. My bite is off, the upper jaw sits somewhat laterally compared to the lower jaw, and chewing is really difficult (have nearly choked on lettuce leaves on more than one occasion - that is NOT good :( ). I think that my bite is worse than when I first started, however, I'm thinking that this is probably not entirely to be unexpected (my ortho spent a lot of time looking at my bite on this appointment) and it will get fixed. I have also noted that my lower arch looks like it sits higher on the right side than it does on the left, but again I think that this is an issue that will get sorted over the next couple of years....

Until next time,

Cheers.