mrsphase74 is naked!!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mrsphase74

#16 Post by mrsphase74 »

Thank you Miss Smiley. I flossed this morning (painful) and I felt the gaps on my left side had closed up considerably. I would hope so with TWO powerchains on! It is definitely a tight fit which is good. I am just hoping that as time passes before my next visit that my tilted left lateral will straighten out some. I feel like I have been biting it.

mrsphase74

#17 Post by mrsphase74 »

I know that my story is not that exciting as others here on the message board. After all I have no before pictures so that everyone can really see what my former problems were and to really show how my teeth have progressed. But I am going to share my progress anyway since I can vent to other people that directy relate to me as opposed to talking with my non-braced husband and my not very interested but also braced 13 yr old daughter.

I had an adjustment today and I discussed the concern that I am still having with my left lateral incisor. I feel like I am biting on it and it gets to a point where my bottom canine will start hurting. My ortho told me that I am supposed to "bite" on that tooth so I told him if that is what is supposed to happen then so be it. He told me that he would back off of that tooth since I am feeling discomfort. Well anyway on to the good stuff that was done to me.

* My archwire was taken out and the assistant put a steel/wire (??) PC in a figure eight configuration from my left bicuspid to my right central incisor

* Another figure eight PC from my right molar to my right canine
* Rotation wedge was removed from my right lateral incisor as the ortho said it rotated a tad bit too much

*The archwire was reapplied and I chose colored ligs for the first time since having braces. Light pink and light blue!

The assistant was surprised of my lig colors as I always choose black or silver. I told her that I am not in the Army anymore so I can at least have some fun this time!

On September 10th I will have my Nance appliance removed and impressions will finally be taken for my Hawley retainer. I will also have a bonded retainer only on my centrals to ensure that my original gap does not return. Then two weeks later I will be debanded! I am so happy! I plan to get a copy of my before pics so that I can share them with you all. Okay here are the pics:

Frontal (I left it the original size so that you can see the pink/blue ligs)

ImageImage
Left/Right sides

I hope those are clear. Well more in three weeks!

Miss Smiley

#18 Post by Miss Smiley »

Phase - first of all, thank you for serving for us. Second, your teeth look great! Pink and baby blue is a nice change from the drab of balk or silver huh?!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

cwatt1

#19 Post by cwatt1 »

Looking good, MrsPhase! And great that you seem to have opened a much more productive dialog with your ortho, too! Your teeth are coming along nicely!

Click here to read about my progress.

mrsphase74

#20 Post by mrsphase74 »

Well I had an adjustment today and I got my retainer impressions done! I am so happy, my D-day is September 25th! First things first, my ortho looked at my teeth and finally decided he wants to do something about my left lateral incisor that is tilted back, but after he did impressions. So he got out his trusty drill and cut that Nance out of my mouth! Whew it was such a relief, my palate is sore and a little red, but I can finally feel the roof of my mouth again! Then it was time for impressions. The tech kept asking me did I have a gag reflex, I told her no. Then she asked me to choose a flavor so I chose grape. We did the upper impression with no problem and back to the ortho chair I went. So here are the goodies that I got today:

*Nance removed
* :jump: :dance: IMPRESSIONS!!! :dance: :jump:
*Wire removed
*Figure eight wires from the right bicuspid to the left central
*Figure eight wires from the left bicuspid to the left canine
*A step was put in the wire in order to tilt my left lateral forward and the wire was placed back on.

I chose silver ligs this time since I will be going back in two weeks. Here are the pics:

ImageImage
[Image

Thank you all for your support even though my story is not as exciting as others! Update in two weeks with the final results! I am also going to try to get my before pictures so that you all can have a comparison.

cwatt1

#21 Post by cwatt1 »

Looking great, MrsPhase! What terrific news about your upcoming D-day!

Click here to read about my progress.

mrsphase74

#22 Post by mrsphase74 »

Today was my D-Day and I have to admit, I was really, really surprised with my results. Details about my visit:

First my upper bonded retainer was applied.
Brackets popped off
Bands removed
Glue smoothed off
Retainer fitted (my ortho had to cut the wire on the right side b/c it was preventing my mouth from closing)
Given a mirror
Totally surprised!!

Pictures are posted on the Naked tooth forum

ray11

Re: mrsphase74 is naked!!!!!

#23 Post by ray11 »

Your teeth look really great now.