Just Braced

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wired

Just Braced

#1 Post by wired »

I am 27 years old and finally got braced on June 21, 2007. On my first day of getting braced, I went back the same day because one of my upper tooth was hitting the lower bracket and I couldn't close my mouth all the way. Apparently, it was a normal occurence that I shouldn't have been alarmed about. By the second day, I wanted to rip those braces out :!: On the third day, one of my brackets broke off. Now I am on my fourth day in braces. I am slowly getting used to the feel of them, but I sure can't wait to get them off. I just have to keep telling myself that it will get worst before it gets better.

J Brace

#2 Post by J Brace »

Wired,

I am 27 also and I was braced on June 11, 2007. I am going with all ceramic, but I only have my top braced right now. But I have the pleasure of also having an appliance on the top and the bottom that is on the inside of my teeth. The bottom will be braced in a few months, hopefully two. I understand where you are coming from, with the discomfort and feeling of wanting to rip them out at about three days. I felt the same way. I could not talk, eat or anything. But now it has been a little over 2 weeks and things are a lot better. I can eat just about everything I used to and I can barely tell that I have them when I talk now, a HUGE change. For the first week I was sounding like a classic twelve year old brace wearer, but the more you talk the better it will get. Just give it some time.

I know for the first few days that I thought my life sucked and this is going to take forever, and it will never get better. But, as I said, I was back to normal shortly. Now I am very happy because something is actually being done now instead of me wishing I had braces, I actually have them and progress is being made!
Last edited by J Brace on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

cwatt1

#3 Post by cwatt1 »

Hi Wired!

Best of luck with your journey.

Interesting to hear your comments about your upper tooth hitting a lower bracket. I'll be getting mine on July 12, and as I have a deep bite I've been wondering how I'm going to avoid that myself!

Keep your eye on the prize -- better health, better smile! :D

Click here to read about my progress.