TracyFace - correction of deep bite & lingual angulation

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TracyFace

#16 Post by TracyFace »

Day 3 in molar bands

The lingual edges of the bands are really irritating, especially where the ortho clipped off the cleats. I think she left a sharp edge that should have been filed down! I'm using wax on the buccal hooks, but nothing I have tried has been able to take the sharpness away from the lingual side. I'm going to give Mme Ortho a call and see if she'll have some sympathy on my poor tongue.

TracyFace

#17 Post by TracyFace »

My first adjustment was today, and my ortho was very happy with my self-care and progress. Woo hoo! My top central incisors are coming out very nicely, although the left is moving faster than the right, so I have a bit of a 'scissor tooth' look for the time being. Mme Ortho says this will correct itself very soon. When the assistant took out my arch wire she gave me a few minutes to floss... bliss! It took two minutes to do my whole upper arch, and I felt like a million bucks. :) Then she put in a stronger arch wire and hooked in my second molars (my previous wire only went back to the first molars). I let my daughter choose my lig colors this time-- she picked TEAL!

Here's my progress so far:

Before banding

First day

First adjustment (6 weeks)

And a bonus shot today, showing what it looks like when I try to touch my front teeth together. That's a lotta tongue back there! I can't believe that someday I will be able to touch ALL of my teeth together at the same time!

I've got a little bit of tenderness today, and the new arch wire is going to take some getting used to in the back of my mouth. I may have to bust out my wax for the first time in over a month! Things are going well. I'm happy with my decision to do this, and with the amazing progress I am seeing after only six weeks of treatment. Yeah!

Laurie

#18 Post by Laurie »

Yeah! A good adjustment! Your new lig color looks really nice too!

babsbrace

#19 Post by babsbrace »

Hey Tracy - it looks great! I had my 1st adjustment this week too, but I didn't notice any changes :(

Milk n Cereal

#20 Post by Milk n Cereal »

Hello there Tracy! Image Hurrah for getting to floss freely at your adjustment! :lol: It looks like things are going well and I love your choice of lig colors!

Take care! :banana:

Click on WWW below for my story!

cwatt1

#21 Post by cwatt1 »

Just stopping by to say Hello, Tracy! Your braces look great -- love your daughter's choice of color!

Click here to read about my progress.

TracyFace

#22 Post by TracyFace »

My second adjustment was this morning, and I was happy to tell the ortho assistant that I barely remember that I'm in braces anymore! Sure, I brush more often and I have to be a little more careful about what I eat, but I have absolutely NO pain or discomfort, and my gums and cheeks are perfectly free of sore spots! Hooray!

I had my ligs changed, but kept the same arch wire. Mme Ortho says it's still doing its job just fine. She added a second wire to my central and lateral incisors-- it's twisted around each of the four brackets and looks kind of cool. She says it's to keep my teeth from forming large gaps as they move outward and into their new perfect spots. She took a lot of time checking the alignment of my molars and measuring my overbite, and estimated that I won't be getting my bottoms braces for another 4-6 months.

Here are some pics of my progress!

My $6,000 smile:

Touching my molars together, to check out my deep overbite:

A profile view, to see how far my front arch has come forward:

See how far back my lower arch is angled? My upper arch used to be even worse! Hooray for progress!

TracyFace

#23 Post by TracyFace »

Wednesday was my 3rd adjustment, and it was a doozy. My arch wire was removed and I was again able to do a complete, quick, and satisfying flossing job while waiting for Mme Ortho to come and check out my progress. I told her that I was very happy about the fact that I can now feel the brackets rubbing against the inside of my upper lip because that means my teeth are moving outward and into the angle they need to be! She agreed that my angle was changing nicely, but clucked her tongue when she asked me to touch my molars together-- she said that my bite is soooo deep. :?

The OA put in my new arch wire-- a 19/25 rectangular wire-- and reattached my 2x2 bind (that's the thin wire twisted around the brackets on my central and lateral incisors), then put on my new silver and rose ligs. She warned me that this new wire is pretty tough, and that moving from a round wire to a rectangular one can sometimes cause a bit more discomfort that my previous change from one round to another. I skipped out of the office and went home to have lunch.

:shock:

By dinnertime my teeth were throbbing, and the pain was radiating upwards into the roots, causing a splitting headache! I tried to eat dinner, but gave up after two bites and hit up KFC for mashed potatoes and gravy, the comfort food of the gods. I dosed up on ibuprofen and went downstairs to watch a movie while my husband took over on kid duty. I did not sleep well because of the throbbing, and the pain was still there when I woke up.

Today is Friday, two days after my adjustment. I still haven't taken progress pictures because I'm trying desperately to FORGET about my teeth! :( The pain isn't as bad as the initial baseball-to-the-mouth variety when I had my spacers and brackets first installed, but it's close. I am trying to stay positive. I will update with pictures later tonight.