Hawkerswife's journey from the begining

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shinysmile1215

OMG

#16 Post by shinysmile1215 »

your smile is gorgeous! After the treatment, you could be on a dental poster. Yeah, spacers have got to be the worst. Plus, I love to eat so this is pretty hard. I will def. be following your progress =]

rhonda30

#17 Post by rhonda30 »

What do you think? Do your lips resent having to extend themselves over your braces?

Your smile is going to be incredible when you are finished with your treatment. We are talking a Hollywood beautiful smile in no time. We all look forward to following your progress.

hawkerswife

#18 Post by hawkerswife »

Thank you linda~that was helpful!

And Rhonda~~luckily my lips are kinda "poufy" already. So it doesn't seem to make them stick out anymore than they already did. Thankfully!

hawkerswife

#19 Post by hawkerswife »

Thank you KK!! I was actually waiting for your words of wisdom :D

cwatt1

#20 Post by cwatt1 »

Here's to hope your treatment continues to go smoothly, Hawkerswife! I echo the previous posters -- your smile lights up a room already, and after your treatment it will be breathtaking.

I see you're from Savannah -- my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter just moved close to there, as he is stationed at Ft. Stewart for the next year. They love it there!

Look forward to hearing more of your progress :)

Click here to read about my progress.

Laurie

#21 Post by Laurie »

I've read of more than one person having their braces all bonded without any banding so I'm sure it will be just fine!

rhonda30

#22 Post by rhonda30 »

How are you doing with the new mouth jewelry? Hopefully you have gotten over the initial shock and awe and are getting used to the feeling of having your smile repositioned. For me the first couple weeks were the toughest and now as a wiley old veteran I can tell you things will get better. Everyone says the journey is worth the aggrevation and minor pain, I think they are correct but I will let you know for sure in about 12 months. Who knows maybe you will beat me to the finish.

hawkerswife

#23 Post by hawkerswife »

rhonda30 wrote:How are you doing with the new mouth jewelry? Hopefully you have gotten over the initial shock and awe and are getting used to the feeling of having your smile repositioned. For me the first couple weeks were the toughest and now as a wiley old veteran I can tell you things will get better. Everyone says the journey is worth the aggrevation and minor pain, I think they are correct but I will let you know for sure in about 12 months. Who knows maybe you will beat me to the finish.
Thanks for checking in on me:) Well I haven't got quite used to the feel or look of them. But I'm not in pain anymore. For the first 3 days ibuprofen was my friend:) And I've lost another bracket. Which I was told to expect since I had so much saliva in my mouth they had a hard time getting them placed. I don't go back to the ortho until Aug 27th. I guess those two missing brackets will be okay until then?? I'll probably call Monday just to check.

cwatt1

#24 Post by cwatt1 »

Glad you're feeling better, Hawkerswife. Now I'm sure its just a question of getting into the daily routine and "feel" of having them on.

I think I would definitely put in a call to your ortho about the missing brackets and at least get his thoughts -- Aug 27 is quite a ways away and you can have significant tooth movement by then.

Click here to read about my progress.