Minlou's August 12th Update w/Pics!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

minlou01

#46 Post by minlou01 »

Help! Not all of the photos that I posted are showing up. I posted them all (hosted by Image Shack) the same way. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

I'm a bit technically challenged!

3/10/07 Upper Wisdom Teeth Extracted
3/24/07 Lower Wisdom Teeth Extracted-Major Complications (Fractured Jaw & Dry Sockets) Postponed B-Day by 2 Months
6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!

minlou01

#47 Post by minlou01 »

Thank you for your help and encouragement KK! :D

3/24/07 Lower Wisdom Teeth Extracted-Major Complications (Fractured Jaw & Dry Sockets) Postponed B-Day by 2 Months
6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!

Cinnamon

#48 Post by Cinnamon »

How's the progress going minlou? Your August pictures show phenomenal progress :shock: :D !

Keep us updated!

~ Cinnamon

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image

minlou01

#49 Post by minlou01 »

Wow it has been a long time since I posted last! Life has been crazy... but, in a great way!

I had an adjustment last week (12/5) which was a bit tedious but, also, very productive. Dr. S. had told me at my last appointment that I would begin wearing elastics at the next adjustment. So, eager to get the ball rolling I looked forward to finding out what was in store for me. Dr. S. first installed two extenders (that's what he called them but I think I've heard them called distalizers also) from both upper 2nd molars to the 2nd premolar. The extender has a spring and it's purpose is to distalize the molars. To prevent my front teeth from moving forward he instructed me to wear "Moose" elastics (5/16 6oz) 24/7. I am to take them out only to eat meals (not snacks) and to brush. Since, I haven't had any problems with eating with them I have been leaving them.

If the extenders don't work then I will have the options of either wearing a distal jet appliance or getting microscrews implanted. Hopefully this works!

I'm waiting for Apple to send me some software so I can't load pics until I get that which will probably be Monday or Tuesday.

6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!

minlou01

#50 Post by minlou01 »

Thanks KK!

6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!

Miss Smiley

#51 Post by Miss Smiley »

Where have you been? I can't wait to see all the progress you've made! My last visit to the ortho also ended in talks about a microscrew implant. Which I am not looking forward to, I'd rather wear some type of headgear appliance! I hope those distalizers work for you!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix