Mike's Story - B - Day 11th May at 3.30pm UK Time

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mikecl

Mike's Story - B - Day 11th May at 3.30pm UK Time

#1 Post by mikecl »

Well by this time on Friday evening, I will be the proud wearer of a ceramic brace on my upper arch and wondering what alcoholic drink I can have to celebrate (?) without damaging or staining anything.

I brought forward the appointment planned for 9am on Friday morning to 12.30pm today as I wasn't away from home as originally planned. I even brought my wife along for some moral support and to see what she thought of the ortho. Thankfully, my wife was impressed and believe you me that's not an easy thing to do :)

Katharina, the ortho, explained why the extraction of the lower tooth had been postponed - She wants to start on the upper arch first as this will take a little more time and she also wants me to get used to the brace first - the lower tooth will be removed in a couple of months and the lower brace will be fitted shortly afterwards.

Sorting out the upper arch will also involve a little bit of enamel stripping or IPR as I believe it's called (this site is so informative) and total treatment time will be approx 18 months or so.

Katharina did say that another option may have been to remove 4 bicuspids but she did not want to mess around that much when these teeth were healthy and in relatively good positions and have to say that made sense to me.

I was impressed with the friendly and patient way Katharina dealt with all of my questions and all that remains is to go through with it on Friday.

I am very nervous but the majority of this is down to thinking about other people's reactions rather than wearing the braces themselves. I really have absolutely no idea how people will react but deep down I know it won't be as negative as I sometimes tell myself.

It's about time I did something for myself and I will always regret it if I don't go ahead with it now.

So here's to Friday and my joining the growing band of truly archwired members.

Cheers

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Upper Ceramic Brace - 11 May 2007
1 Extraction and Lower Ceramic Brace - 13 July 2007
2 x Elastics - 9 April 2008

Story so far...
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... c&start=30

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Good luck on Friday Mike. Great that you're moving things forward and that you've found a great orthodontist.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)