21 years old w/ new braces- damon system with photo

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ficolepippy

21 years old w/ new braces- damon system with photo

#1 Post by ficolepippy »

I just got my braces on yesterday, 6-6 top and bottom with the damon system. Very painful today! Top inner cheeks are lacerated and lower teeth are painful from movement. I'd like to post my picture of my braces but Im not sure how! I am 21 years old and should have them off before Im 23.
Last edited by ficolepippy on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ficolepippy

#2 Post by ficolepippy »

aschelkin

#3 Post by aschelkin »

I'm also 21 and just got braces put on 3 weeks ago (March 28th). I have Damon 3's on top and Damon 2's on the bottom.

I know you must feel so crappy right now! I didn't eat anything for about 3 days other than yogurt and applesauce. Though you probably feel like you are being tortured/starved you won't feel that way for much longer! I felt much better by day 5 and I was eating pizza, hamburgers, and sandwiches the following week. I still don't see any movement, but my bite is different ( I can feel that my back molars on both sides now touch the bottom molars when I bite down. Before, they only touched on the left).

Good luck and hang in there, your teeth have such nice shape that they will look AWESOME when you're finished. Oh, and don't be surprised if you get a couple of crooked looks when you try to order drinks : )

ficolepippy

#4 Post by ficolepippy »

thanks for all the advice! its true i get some crooked looks sometimes, once they didnt even let me in the bar. haha!
i've seen alot of shifting already.

ficolepippy

#5 Post by ficolepippy »

i will post a new picture soon...
ive have one adjustment so far

ficolepippy

#6 Post by ficolepippy »

ficolepippy

#7 Post by ficolepippy »

thanks for the encouragement!

Milk n Cereal

#8 Post by Milk n Cereal »

Your teeth are looking great! :) How long is your projected treatment time?

Click on WWW below for my story!

ficolepippy

#9 Post by ficolepippy »

Hello again!
It is currently January, so 9 months into treatment. A week or so ago I had an adjustment appointment. They took a PAN x-ray and also a PA of my lower anteriors to see the position of the roots. About 4 teeth on the bottom looked slightly off by the roots so he removed the brackets and adjusted it slightly. I am still on a 2 month interval, I wish it was closer where I am on a 6 weeek because then I know I am closer to the end! My open bite is now closed. They but a button inside on my top first molars to put an elastic over to the bottom first molars to expand my bite- veryy annoying because I am biting on elastic! I will post an updated picture soon.

Miss Smiley

#10 Post by Miss Smiley »

But your teeth look like they hardly needed any movement!!!!! Can't wait to see your end results!!!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix