April 7,2007(I got my metal smile)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tipstar

April 7,2007(I got my metal smile)

#1 Post by tipstar »

Well I went to the Ortho wanting to get Braces on my top teeth b/c of one stinking tooth but the Ortho had different plans for me top and bottoms. I must say I love my braces with the exception of the whole flossing thing,no gum,popcorn,ice,soda out of the can. I the first day was cool but talking was hard b/c my bottom lip was always stuck so I had to pull out the wax yum it's cherry flavor.

I got for my first tighting on May11th and I am excited to get a new color ligs I have pink now. :D

BracesRacer

#2 Post by BracesRacer »

I have been able to eat everything I normally do (a little bit differently) and I even carefully chew the really small ice and have not had a problem. Right after I eat or drink anything (especially soda) I just go do a few quick rinses with water to get anything in there thats stuck out and wash away all the sugar and junk. Works great I have not had any problems at all.

tipstar

#3 Post by tipstar »

Thank you all for such kind words. Well I went in on the 11th of May for a tighting and it was cool. I was in and out in no time awesome!! So many ppl told me "oh you are going to be in so much pain" :lol: I was not in any pain at all. I have cranberry ligs with sparkles this time around love them :pinkbraces:

Yes I will continue to do my ortho's no no list. I feel if I don't I will get all happy and want popcorn ,cake,soda out the can and ice (love crunching that stuff :D So to keep myself from going overboard I will just stay away.

I am in braces heaven for 2 yrs. I am so glad I found this board you guys are great.

Laurie

#4 Post by Laurie »

:dance: Awesome that things are going so well for you Tipstar!

tipstar

#5 Post by tipstar »

I was trying to upload a photo this morning but for some reason I can't. I have a fotki album you can look there if you like until I can figure out how to post one here. [url]www.fotki.com/tipstar

(look in the last album marked hair 2007

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

Nice photos. I love your hair!

tipstar

#7 Post by tipstar »

Thank you guys you are so stinking sweet. I am super happy I learned about this site. KK thanks for the advice on the photos.

Have a FANTABULOUS day and happy bracing (say cheese) :tingrin:

tipstar

#8 Post by tipstar »

Hello Peeps I thought I would come on this morning before work and post a pic of my teeth before braces and a pic of me with braces.

prebraces: Image

with braces: DON'T LOOK UP MY NOSE LOL

tipstar

#9 Post by tipstar »

Okay yesterday I went to the ortho for my second adjustment and I was excited strange but true. Anyway when I went I had a couple of questions for Dr. Rahman about somethings with my teeth so that took about 10mins of my appointment then it was off to the chair for the changing of ligs and to find out some shocking news.

I know I am still new to my braces but this threw me for a loop when the lovely lady who was helping yesterday was talking to the Dr. Rahman about my bite and I heard them say "HEADGEAR" :yikes: I was laying back in the chair looking from side to side like did they just say headgear? So then I am like "oh she must be talking about the other person in the next room not me" then it happened Dr.Rahman looks down at me and says"bite down for me now open" so I do as I was told. Dr.Rahman pulls my chart closer to her and she looks at me and says "this is just your second adjustment right" I nod my head (b/c this is all I can do at this point) Then the next thing I hear is "so we are going to try bands but if they do not work you will have to wear headgear".

Okay so I am over the shock over the headgear scare and on to picking out my ligs YAY so this time I went with red and blue ligs with white bands on the sides. I must say it looks nice and strange at the same time to me but I still love my braces (not in a fetish way :D ). As I am getting all of my booty for the next 6weeks Dr.Rahman comes in and let's me know one me lovely piece of news. Soon she will have to take two of my teeth out and at this point I am ready to faint b/c I do not want to smile and have missing teeth but she quickly informs me that I will not be able to see the missing teeth when I smile this made me happy but still a little scared.

Overall I must say it was a good visit a little pain but other than that I must say it was good. I will post pics later today I was very busy after my ortho visit and doing stuff with my family so pls forgive. I am still happy with my metal smile :-#)

tipstar

#10 Post by tipstar »

Image I tried to fix it but it didn't work sorry. My nails and my ligs match :lol:

rhonda30

elastics

#11 Post by rhonda30 »

sounds like you had an interesting ortho appt. The heargear seed was planted, gives you something to think about. I must say that with your POSITIVE attitude heargear will not be a problem. I wish I was as cheerful about my metal smile as you are, I think you will be my inspiration.

How do like your elastics?

Wired Skull

#12 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi tipstar.

To me your teeth already looks great. Why do you need exctractions and maybe a headgear?

I know that you can't tell just by looking at the smile what other problems may excists but sometimes I feel that there are some difference in attitude by orthos in different parts of the world.
Seems like the american orthos are the most eager to create a "perfect smile". In Europe it seems that functoinallity comes first then the perfect bite.

I'm just fixing my crowding and missalignment. I have a moderate overbite and a deep bite but I'm not fixing the overbite as I'm not so sure of pulling healthy teeth just for that cause. There is also no real way to give me a perfect bite even if I pull teeths so for me it would just be a kind of camoflaging the overbite.

Would be interesting to hear your perspective of the theory I have about orthos :D
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

tipstar

#13 Post by tipstar »

Thank you all for such kind words. :-#) Well when I first went in to visit with Dr.Rahman we talked about her "maybe" having to pull two of my teeth but NEVER headgear heck when she said bands I was all up in arms. The headgear is to correct the alignment of my jaw and stuff like that but she says that my bands should do the trick but if not then it's off to the torture chamber ( :lol: ).

When we first started talking about pulling teeth she was talking about my wisdom teeth. I didn't even know those suckers were in my mouth until she asked me when did they came in. I know it's strange but I did not know my wisdom teeth had come in strange as it sounds but I didn't. Anywoo most ppl I know think I am crazy for even having braces but I never knew my bite was all jacked up shoot all I thought was wrong with my teeth has that one little tooth that was doing it's own thing off to the side hey but what do I know right.

So long story short I have elastics that run from my front third tooth all the way to my back molar on the top (both sides). They are not so bad just a a little difficult to do while driving ( :lol: ) but I get the job done before the light changes oh yeah. I have to wear them 24/7 also just removing them when I eat and when I brush my teeth. I have to say Sunday night I was yawning and I had to stop and laugh b/c when I saw it in the mirror my elastics made my mouth look like those monkeys that have the long k-9 teeth it was pretty funny to me.

Anyway I am still loving this new journey of my life it reminds me of when I first started locking my hair it went through so many changes before it got to where it is now and I have loved every moment of that process and I will continue to love this one even with all of it's humps and bumps. :heart:

tipstar

#14 Post by tipstar »

Hello Ladies and Gents it has been a while since I last posted an update so here is the latest in my my braces adventure. I went to see Dr. Rahman on the 10th of this month (couple days later then scheduled) b/c my bosses father had pasted and we had so much going on at work I could not get away. I went in all happy and excited to see what she would tell me this visit well she told me some great news she told me that my elastics were working just fine so no headgear. Funny thing was I had told myself prior to getting to the office that if she sent me home with headgear I would wear it with style and pride. All was well with my pearlie whites and she was very pleased with the way things were shaping up.

I am scheduled to go back in on the 10th of September for extractions of two of my teeth. You know at first I was like "OH Lord she is going to pull my teeth oh no thank you " but now I am like cool go for it it's just teeth it's not like I only have four and she is going to pull two and leave me two so I am excited about this as well a little nervous I must admit but cool in the same. I picked up my mouth guard while I was there , some fancy colored elastics (all different colors) and some MI paste for my teeth as well.Over all I must say it was another great visit.

The staff at Dr. Rahman's is great they will sit and answer all of your questions no matter how crazy you may think they are and they are very helpful. I 'm very glad that I have been able to do get my braces and glad that others around me have since gone and gotten them some as well. Most of all I am glad I found this board with loads of ppl that are so nice,kind and with some great advice for us newbies. Thanks everyone I will post pics later this morning. Oh yeah before I sign off I got purple and yellow ligs to go with the new school I will be working with. I got a new job also working in our local school system here as a TA for starters I 'm so excited.

cwatt1

#15 Post by cwatt1 »

Just stopping by to say "hello", Tipstar! Looking forward to those pics.

Great news about your appointment, and no headgear :D

Your attitude is terrific -- so positive. I can understand a little nervousness about the extractions, but they generally are pretty easy to deal with and you recover very quickly from them.

Best of luck, and continued success :!:

Click here to read about my progress.