me,my teeth n i..(after teeth extraction+pics) =]

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sifumacho
Location: i came from Malaysia,but now i'm studying in Russia =]

me,my teeth and i..(braces for lower teeth)

#16 Post by sifumacho »

thanks linda for the compliment.i think i never mention that your name is exactly the same as my sister's..thanks also for the term..yup..maybe you are true that i should smile showing my silver teeth..why do i have to be sad?so after this i'll upload some pics when i'm smiling..hehe.. :D

by the way,yesterday i had been braced for my lower teeth...like the previous time,luckily i didnt sense too much pain..i just suffer a little bit when i brush my teeth..but,it's totally different with the spacers..unlike the previous time,i felt too much pain on my lower jaw,especially on the next day,which was on the the last tuesday :shock: ..like usual,my friends keep kidding on me..due to the fact that we'll live together in the next 4 years in the same hostel (6 of us) ,we have turn for cooking..when it comes for my friend's turn,they'll ask me first..can i cook this..can i cook that..but i dont care..i just eat everything as long as it's soft and the food doesnt hurt me..so,sometimes they discuss with each other in front of me on purpose,"oo..today i want to cook roasted chicken..especially for kamil.." or sometimes.."aha..today i'll cook sth special..i'll cook seafood using hard stuff,so that only 5 of us can eat them!" haha..i got use to that types of jokes already! anyway,they are very kind to me.. :lol:

on 17th may,2 of my premolars on the upper jaw will be extracted..it's to ensure that the 4 incisors and 2 canines on the upper jaw will go to the back,and they'll meet with the lower jaw perfectly..i think i have to mention again that i was born with only 2 incisors on my lower teeth..that's why the ortho decided so..(fell sad a little bit because i have to sacrifice my 2 premolars!..sorry my premolars! :cry: )
i guess another pain will follow me later..so just to be on the safe side..i have prepared many pain killers to endure the becoming unexpected pain.. :?: hopefully during the extraction i wont cry!! :x

so,here is my lower teeth with the braces...you guys can also see the 2 premolars on the upper teeth that will be extracted (the teeth without the brackets)..oo sorry,maybe it's not clearly seen here..=p

stay tune for the next appointment..my teeth will have 2 empty spaces later..waaaaaaa :oops:

3Scorpios

#17 Post by 3Scorpios »

Welcome!! Your attitude is great, I'm sure your new teeth will be wonderful!! My brace day was March 28, so we are close!

sifumacho

#18 Post by sifumacho »

thanks linda and 3Scorpios for your comments..
You poor guy. Not only are you missing lower latral incisors but you'll be bidding farewell to those premolars. Some sacrifices/casulties have to be made in the pursuit of Class I occlusion
yup..how poor i am! but sacrifes always worth it for something better..i have to bear it in mind! :lol:
Your attitude is great, I'm sure your new teeth will be wonderful!!
thanks 3Scorpios for your compliment..but actually i dont understand what you tried to say by the sentence 'Your attitude is great'..hehe..i dont really get what you mean..anyway,thanks a lot..we can compare our result since we are so close.. :D

by the way, i have some questions..since my premolars will be extracted,is it necessary to have power chain?i read it in the site,explains that power chain will close the gap after teeth extraction..what if my ortho wont put the power chain in my mouth..will the gap close slower?what's the best way to close the gap?

then,i notice that others have ligatures under their brackets.what's the importance of the ligatures?will the ligatures apply more forces,or do they just simplyserve as 'decorator'?i want to know that,because i might have ligatures later.. 8)

hope somebody will come with the answers,thus helping me for the next appointment..in advance,i would like to thank those who answers my ques..thanks all! :frogbraces:

sifumacho

#19 Post by sifumacho »

sorry for posting twice..it says i failed to send the post,that's why i posted twice.. :oops:

smallbutmighty

#20 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hello Sifu,
How awesome that you are able to study so far from your home. That takes a large amount of courage. And you have added the experience of braces, too, so you are experiencing many new things in your life. It is great that you have good companions in your living space. That is so much more fun and supportive for each other.

I have been to Malaysia-- long time ago in 1987-- was a chaparone for a local area well known children's singing group to which my son belonged. We went to Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Kuala Lampor, Mallaca, and Bangkock, Narita. It was a very enjoyable (and busy) tour.

I hope you will have much success in school and with your braces experience.
It's all in how you see yourself!

sifumacho

#21 Post by sifumacho »

thank you guys for reading my blog..thanks also smallbutmighty,meryaten and KK for leaving your comments and answering my questions..=]

Meryaten:
Please trust your ortho to know the best things to do in your case!
yup..i do trust my ortho of course..but i just always think that what if i were the only one who has different type of treatment..it's bad to have that thought..so i wish to get rid them of my mind! :P
I'm not sure what you mean by others having ligs under their brackets ... do you just mean the way they are normally attached?
you got it! it's always a problem for me to describe something precisely,so i do hope you dont mind with my weakness..i should have understand it better! what a shame! :oops: anyway,you made a good teeth promotion in my blog meryaten..i should have hired you as my model..haha..i'm joking of course..btw,thanks a lot meryaten..you teach me a lot with your explainations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KK:
My husband had five teeth removed at one visit last year and he was back at work the following morning. There was no pain at the time, and very little discomfort during the recovery.
wow..i'm amazed ! i wonder if i can be such strong as your husband..you know KK,during the last adjustment,my ortho told me that on this 17th May only 1 of my 2 premolars will be removed (not 2 teeth simultaneously)..and another 1will follow later..as a comparison with your husband's strenght..the ratio would be 1:5 (according to number of teeth extracted at a time)..haha.. :dance:

smallbutmighty:
How awesome that you are able to study so far from your home. That takes a large amount of courage.
you are right,smallbutmighty.now i'm very far from my family.of course,courage comes at the first place..but now i'm going to tell you a secret..i always homesick!! waaaaaaa...always want to eat my mom's cooks..always want to play with my family members..always want to hang out with my friends having a chit chat..always miss my bed in Malaysia..and last but not least..always want to play with my cats! oh man..how are they right now?hehe..suddenly i remember about sweet child of mine..i even once tried to free myself from a boarding school by using the excuse that i miss my cats very much to my dad..haha..think of it now,how nonsense i was when uttering such excuse! not again,i think..it sounds funny,huh?i dont think i would let my son@daughter go back home from any boarding school after listening to such 'pity' excuse.. :shock:

so here's some photos of my cats that's always in my heart..=]

Image Image Image
have been to Malaysia-- long time ago in 1987-- was a chaparone for a local area well known children's singing group to which my son belonged. We went to Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Kuala Lampor, Mallaca, and Bangkock, Narita. It was a very enjoyable (and busy) tour.
haha..it was 20 years ago..why not you come again to Malaysia?i'm pretty sure you wont believe how much my country has changed since past 20 years!i have written before that this year is the biggest tourism promotion in Malaysia..so i think you may get low prices since the promotion is still continue! :-1

erm..since today is the labour's day..i want to write something which is out of topic..though actually i have russian test tomorrow..but i insist to share something as to reduce the tense of studying.. :jump:

i would like to say something based on smallbutmighty comments..'How awesome that you are able to study so far from your home. That takes a large amount of courage.' yup..living far away from the family really need a lot of courage..but still sometimes,we are unable to scream when we are left alone..until this moment,actually it's been 7 years since i left my family behind..no..not entirely of course..i mean i had left them so many years..i just spend so little time with them..want to know why?

since i was 13 years old..i got an offer to further my study in one of the prestigious colleges in Malaysia..so i accepted the offer,i left my family,my friends..my cats..haha..just to ensure that i'll get something better in the future..after 5 years studying in the boarding school, i became an independent person..(yup,i did everything by myself,as there's nobody to rely on,i mean my family at the time)..and on top of all..i learn how challenging our life is apparently..huh..just realize it!

then,i suppose to have my big holiday after 5 years been 'prisoned' in the school..after sat for the national exam,i went back home,and i really enjoyed myself..i watched movies with my friends..i had a nice talk with my family..i went shopping over and over again..and the most important thing,i can play with my cats!! haha..

erm..not that interesting in fact..i just enjoyed my holiday 1 month only,because i received an offer letter one day,and on the white paper,it was written..I WAS OFFERED A SCHOLARSHIP TO RUSSIA!! waaa..2 contra,different news ran to my head..the good news was,i pass the national exam with flying colours..and the sad news was..it's the time for me to separate with my family again.. :cry: ..never mind,i always think that i'll get the tittle Dr in front of my name once i finish my studies..so i dont really have to study till PhD level! haha..just kidding..i myself cant guarantee i can pass all the exams..so i just gain all the strenght to do my best..go go kamil go!

after 2 years in Russia (4 years to go)..i learn many things from other people..learn to be independent totally..and learn to cope with problems better..more interesting,i can travel to many places,which is something out of my mind if i just pursue my study in my own country..so,since it's real out of topic writing,i would like to share my pics when i was in France and Belgium during last winter break.. :lol:

Image Image

em..i also learn to communicate with different types of people,learn how to be patient when i get into trouble,where only friends can help us without our family..but i think,there's always sweetness in bitterness..life would be very boring without encountering any obstacles..am i right?even in a sunny day, we might find ourself wet under the heavy rain all of a sudden..and even i have a test tomorrow..i still want to continue writing..it's actually due to the fact that..i'm suffering from two canker sores at a time now! warghhhhhhh...anyone out there can hear my scream?i'm dying!! haha.. :-+

i tried to rinse my mouth with warm salt water yesterday..and yeah,to my happiness..it works beautifully! but then,unfortunately..we're running out of salt today! no wonder the soup which was cooked by my friend wasnt salty! haha..i know the reason now..but suppose i should have bought salt from the market this morning..but it's labour's day what..so i was lazy to wake up..haha.. :D so tomorrow i guess someone (i mean among 6 of us) would buy salt from the nearby shop..otherwise these canker sores will kill me!! i dont want it!! :huh:

you guys can see how big these canker sores are..urghhh :ouch:

Image Image

i think i should stop right now..i'm sorry if you guys dont understand what i tried to say just now..hehe..it's just to yell out,telling you guys how much i suffer from them! hopefully i'll recover fastly..salt..i'm searching for you! :-88
Last edited by sifumacho on Wed May 02, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patricia S.

#22 Post by Patricia S. »

Hi Sifumacho,

Sorry to hear about your canker sores. Those can be really painful :( The pics of your trips and cats are great, thanks for showing them to us. :D

Patricia :D

sifumacho

#23 Post by sifumacho »

hi guys..thanks for those who dropping by and leaving your comments..btw,what happen to me?i was full of excitement just now,spent my times reading others' blogs and left my comments there,and i dont know how it happens..how come i forget about my own blog?? :?

Patricia S :
thanks for your sympathy,patricia..hehe..yup..my cats are great,aren't they? thanks for the compliment also :lol:

Meryaten:
How old are the kittens in the first picture? They look so big still to be suckling!? (At least that looks like what they're doing)

em..i myself cant remember how old are my cats...if i'm not mistaken,they were nearly 1 year old at that time (the pics are taken 1 year ago..hehe)..but i agree with you that they are too big to be suckling..but it's the reality..that's why they are so lovely in my eyes..i have a cat which is still suckling even his body is bigger than his mom's..can you imagine it?i cant imagine it until i myself witness the funny,lovely action! unfortunately i didnt take any picture at the moment.. :-9
And is that the Grote Markt in Brussels?
you're right,meryaten..have you been there?it's one of my sweetest memories of my life..the place is beautiful,but the weather at the time was a little bit cold..grgrgrgr

linda:
No one can say you've lived a sheltered or home-comfort upbringing school-wise. Nor has it seemed to have had a negative impact on you. You're intelligent, funny and honest. You are SO lucky to have secured an overseas scholarship. Just think of how many students there are vying for university placements these days.

hehe..you make me clearer,linda..well,you're true..it never had a negetive impact on me..in fact,more to positive impact..am i intelligent,funny and honest?haha..you just make me laugh..not entirely,i think..the compliments are too much for me to deserve..i'm just an ordinary person..feel strange if i have to admit and accept the praises :oops: btw,i'm very thankful to be given this opportunity..my friends in Malaysia sometimes send me message,saying how lucky i am! they want to play with snow also,just as how i experience it..hehe :-*

KK:
thanks for the compliment,KK..it seems that you guys love the cats as well..but they are Asian type what..never expect that you guys love them as well..i mean..usually Malaysians like another type of cats..which have thicker fur (don't know what's the name)..so i guess you guys like Asian cats more..is it so?haha.. :Questions:
Your mouth sores look ... sore! Keep the brackets waxed to prevent further irritation and wear the wax when you eat and sleep. Hopefully with wax and warm salt water rinses, these will quickly go. But if not, buy a topical cream that has antiseptic and numbing qualities and use that as well Good luck getting rid of those sores, then continuing to do the once daily salt water rinses, and never having mouth sores again!

thanks for your tips,KK..as usually, you always come up with a great solution..and it works! i think i forget to mention that i'm getting well..the stubborn sores are still there,but now i dont feel too much pain..i bought salt already..and i rinse my mouth regularly with warm salt water as you advised..furthermore,i applied the sores with the gel recommended by my ortho..(Metrogyl Denta)..it makes the sores numb,so i constantly forget about them.. :o thanks guys for your concern..i think this recovery is propotional with your sympathy.. :-#)

em..i have physiology test tomorrow..test again??huhu..how hectic my life is..well,what to do..just travel this journey as so-called medic student.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: so,pray for my success,guys..last wednesday i wrote my russian test with much pain..luckily i can answer all the questions..but still dont know the result..hehe..maybe next monday.. :yikes:

due to the fact,i have to make it brief right now..so,as a conclusion for this entry,i would like to express my gratitude to all of you for your kind encouragement and supports..later i'll update this blog form time to time..that's all for now..thanks for visiting and best of luck to you guys!! :gavel: :gavel: :gavel: :gavel: :gavel: :gavel: :gavel:

smallbutmighty

#24 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hi Kamil,
As you see, there are a lot of cat lovers on this site-- me too! We have a grey and white lovely little girl named Ralf. She is almost 14 years old, diabetic and hyperthyroid too. She talks a LOT and attends every class and meeting and gathering that we have here. She is very sweet, but can also be very annoying whe she talks too much. But she is still one of my best friends.

I am happy that your mouth is healing well. Hope you also are doing very good in your tests and studies. It sounds like you have had some wonderful opportunities for learning and personal growth in your early years. And being away and seeing and living with others from different cultures can only be a benefit for the future-- not only for yourself but for the benefit of the brotherhood of the world and understanding that basically we are all the same. The differences come from our "programming".
So again, good luck in all you do. And "May the Force be with you!" (I'm sure you must have seen that/those movies.)
It's all in how you see yourself!

Clairey Fairey

#25 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Hey

Just catching up with your blog. Those sores look nasty but they should disappear soon. I have one at the mo from my upper brace!!

I must say you seem to have a very interesting life, u seem happy and well travelled, so its all groovy, although u were really brave to move away at the age of 13!!

Oh and your cats look lovely - I want one!!

Anyway, Glad the braces aren't giving you too much grief (apart from the sores of course), its great that your getting on with things and not letting them bother u!!

Good luck with those extraction, look forward to reading about your progress :)

sifumacho

#26 Post by sifumacho »

hi all!! finally my fingers meet the keyboard again after few weeks of tests,sketch competition,etc..thanks for reading my blog and leaving your lovely comments.. :lol:

KK:what a sad story!! em..anyway thanks for the compliment about my cats..haha..dont expect that people would notice their beautiful eyes and ears!! hehe..=p Image

smallbutmighty:it's a pity that your cat is diabetic..so how you feed your cat?it might be interesting to know any special food that you give her..hehe..yup..you're right! we are all the same..but still,some of us keep differentiating people,saying that 'they' are better or 'they' are worser from the rest..haha..who are we to evaluate others?am i right?? :roll:

Meryaten:hehe..well,i think you know better than me about Brussels..that's my first time in Brussels..and maybe the last..i'm saying this because it's not an easy opportunity to travel around the globe especially Europe,you know,for me budget is always the first place!! hehe :P em...next time i should give you Russian Vodka as a present..but this is an advice from a medical student (does it sound show-off..i dont think so)..haha..in a small amount,alcohol can stimulate activity of brain,but in large amount,it inhibits the nerveous system activity,thus affecting other organs as well..so control it! haha..i'm not here to teach you..just for explaination that you have already known..dont get me wrong! :D

Clairey Fairey:thanks for your comments,CF..thank God,the nasty sores have gone totally! yes,my life seems happy and interesting in people's eyes..i do think the same..but together with this,bitterness keep treasuring my journey also..in reality,obstacles make us more mature and open-minded..that's what we call as life!! :lol:

ok,stop responsing to the comments..thanks again..and now is the time for my extraction story..i should have written it earlier..but due to the hectic life in these few weeks..i gave up!so here's the story..

Blur..1 tooth or 2 teeth??
i did mention in my previous entry that on 17th May,1 of my 2 premolars will be removed,and the 2nd premolar will follow later..but,after attending philosoply class,i changed my mind all of a sudden..my lecturer told me that i'll sit for my final philo exam on 24th May,which is exacty 1 week after the extraction took place..so,i kept thinking that i should tell my ortho to remove 2 teeth at one visit,because i didnt want the pain kept disturbing me when i'm studying..moreover,i thought it's difficult to arrange the time for 2nd tooth removal..so i sent sms to my ortho,but she just replied me after 4 days later..i knew that she's out of credit (in Russia,we cant receive any messages or calls without credit)..that's why she replied me very late..but,she made me confused..i asked her whether she can remove 2 teeth simultaneously,and she answered..of course yes..but not at the same day..waaaaa...what does it mean?? confused at the time,but i prefered to just keep waiting...Image

the time has come!
well,it's the time for my teeth extraction..but as usual,before i leaved my room,my friends kept kidding on me..one of the most memorable jokes on the day was from my roomate.."have you heard someone who died after teeth removal?i dont want you to be in the same condition,but,to be on the safe side,better give your last words.." arghh..i didnt listen to him..i knew his words would made me down..haha..then with full confidence,i leaved my room..

no appointment today??
i reached the building exactly at 1.30p.m,where it's the time for my appointment..i knocked the door,but to my suprise,nobody answered me..and the door was locked! em..did my ortho forget about me?never mind,i thought,and i waited her at the coridor..after few minutes,one girl appeared and knocked the door..but still,no one answered..the girl then called someone,which i could clearly hear their conversation..as anticipated,she was waiting for my ortho also,and i heard from the conversation that my ortho was on her way to the 3rd floor (the treatment room)..i guess she just finished teaching her students at the moment i arrived (my ortho is also a techer),and for sure she needed some rests as well..so i didnt blame her for being late because i understood her situation.. :)

nice talk with my ortho
after few minutes,she arrived and called me inside..she took off my upper archwire..and i asked her straightforwardly.."can you remove 2 teeth today?"..she answered me with a smile.."i'm not the one who will remove your teeth..it's different doctor who specializes in teeth removal..but i think you can remove 2 teeth at once after discussion with her.." wah..at least it made me relief..my heart was full with hope after knowing that..then she brought me to the doctor on the 1st floor,where my teeth will be removed..

too fast too furious :wink:
i was so scary after seeing the doctor..her face was full of fierce..i spoke to myself..haha..no wonder she's the one who's responsible for that work..no..dont judge a book by its cover..that's what i learned before..so i kept thinking positively..yeah! it's true..my first impression about the doctor was completely wrong..she was gentle,caring and a friendly doctor..eventhough her face didnt show her great attitude! em..then she asked the option-1 tooth or 2 teeth..and of course i choose the 2nd option..so,she started her work..guys,this was my first time having teeth removal with a doctor..when i was a child,i just removed my teeth by myself..however,i didnt feel nervous at all..and i didnt know why..she gave a total of 6 injections (3 right,3 left)..and she leaved me for the anasthetic to work..after about 10 minutes,she came again,and she removed the teeth..wow! what a great job..she did everything for just 15 minutes (plus the time for action of anasthetic)..then she advised me what to do and what not to do-no eating and drinking for 2 hours,eat only soft food,no rinsing with special solution,and keep eating and brushing the teeth as usual..before i leaved her,i took back my teeth which were full of blood,and i thanked her for her wonderful job.. :-#)

archwire and ligatures
then i saw my ortho again..she was suprise after seeing i had 2 teeth removal..i didnt really understand actually,because i heard a lot of stories about others having 4 or 5 teeth removal simultaneously..compared to me,was it too impressive?i thought maybe orthos in Russia prefer not to 'make their patients suffer',that's why they'll only remove 1 tooth at one time,unless their patients want another ways just as my case.. :D but this is just my opinion,i still have know idea why my ortho reacted that way..hehe..then,she put back the archwire and in addition,she put ligatures to some of the brackets (not all brackets)..then she asked me to come again for the next appointment on 4th June,where she'll add powerchains and change the ligatures and archwires..her final words repeated in my ears over and over again,which was "good luck in your exam.." i thanked her for being so nice..and i went back to my hostel without my 2 upper premolars anymore..

severe bleeding...
as i reached my room,i put my bag,and went to the toilet and stood in front of the mirror..there're lot of blood came out..so i rinsed my mouth many times to stop the bleeding..luckily,the bleeding wasnt too long,and there's no much pain..i dont know whether it's normal or not because this is my first experience..but the bleeding completely stopped the next day..and i still feel the anasthetic in my mouth until the time i'm writing this blog.. :computer:

so,here's the photos before and after the teeth removal..=]
before:-
Image Image
after:-
Image Image

my teeth with ligatures:-

and not to forget..my 2 extracted premolars:-

i think that's all for now..thanks guys..see you in next entry..enjoy reading my blog and stay tuned! byebye :gavel: :gavel: :gavel: :gavel:

Clairey Fairey

#27 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Find your style of writing highly entertaining sifu
- Same here, great read!!

Personally I think anyone who has more than one tooth out at a time is brave!! :D

So yey that the extractions are over and that the woman who did it wasn't as scary as she looked!!
It's great that you got to keep your teeth, I wanted to keep mine but the dentist disposed of it straight away :(

Anyway Good Luck with your exams :D