my story so far

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

anggsldr

my story so far

#1 Post by anggsldr »

Well, It all started last year....I went to my family dentist for routine cleaning. He had told me over the years that I should get braces (started back in my early teens). I was 35 years old at that time. I have teeth that a very much out of place. He said that he would not pull them until I had a consult with an orthodontist. I told him I would make an appointment. When I was a teenager my parents did not push the issue, they pretty much asked me if want braces....you don't asked your kids you just tell them they are doing it, as I have learned from parenting my own kids. I made my appointment with the orthodontist my family dentist recommended in March 2006. My husband and I went to the appointment together and he discussed my options. I was told by the orthodontist that he would not recommend pulling but 1 of the teeth. The others he felt he could realign successfully. My husband and I told him that we would like to discuss it and get back to him. My husband was worried about the financial end and I was convinced that I wanted to get braces...to help with self esteem....I had gone thru life having people comment on my teeth and that didn't make me feel good about myself. My husband and I eventually came to an agreement. I did not have any dental insurance at the time but enrollment at work was in November of last year. I didn't know if Adult orthodontic coverage was in the plan or not. So I just waited to see. November came and I enrolled but found out that there was no Adult Orthodontic coverage in the plan. I made my appointment with the orthodontist for braces to be put on March 29,2007. I wanted to be sure to have all my money for downpayment based on our tax return. February 13,2007 I had my records appointment consisting of xrays, pictures, impressions. On March 15,2007 I had the spacers put in. I had 7 put in. I had some discomfort but pain meds helped. I had discomfort for about 4 days. Only had 2 days where I didn't have to take meds before the next phase. I had 4 teeth extracted on March 22nd by my family dentist. Again pain and discomfort. Dr. prescribed me Vicodin and that helped with the extractions. A week later, March 29th the braces went on. It has been only a couple days and I am getting used to them.
Wax has become my best friend! I feel like I have razors in my mouth if I don't use wax. I have 9 bands and brackets (all metal). I have one spring coil. I have bumper guards where teeth were extracted. This is my story so far!