overbite turning to underbite

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

platinum

overbite turning to underbite

#1 Post by platinum »

I have lower braces and upper retainer. The upper retainer opens up my bite so that my molars do not meet. My jaws get tired in this position and I have started to push my lower jaw forwards over my top teeth, so i have a underbote position. In this position my upper front teeth are in the same level as they used to be in my deepbite. Very relaxing for my laws.
Of course , I look quite strange,

Anyone else with this problem?

lianas

#2 Post by lianas »

My daughter used to hold her mouth like that too, and I would notice her top and bottom front teeth would tap together when she talked. I asked her why she held her mouth like that and she said it felt better. Since then she got elestasics from canine to moler on both sides and she doesn't hold her mouth like that anymore and i noticed her front teeth dont hit anymore. Dont know if this helps I think its just the process of moving things where they belong