Brace treatment & orthognathic surgery

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beth85

Brace treatment & orthognathic surgery

#1 Post by Beth85 »

Hi my name's Beth and i'm new to this. Been reading all of your stories and im so glad i found this site! I'm currently undergoing orthodontic treatment under the NHS so it's all free, which is great cos i'm 21 & could no way afford to go private. I was put on the waiting list when i was 12 back in 1997/8 and was on the list for 8 years b4 my treatment really started.
Ok so i'll tell u whats happened so far...
At the age of 15 i had an area in the roof of my mouth exposed where 2 teeth were growing. About 5 years later i had those teeth out as they were growing towards my upper front teeth and would eventually have pushed them out. In June 2006 I had a spring brace fitted, known as a quadhelix, to widen my upper arch as it's very narrow. Then in December 2006 i had fixed braces to my lower teeth and in Feb 2007 i had fixed braces to my upper teeth. In May i have my spring brace removed, can't wait!!! :D A month later i have to have a small op on the gum where i had my teeth taken out, along with my lower wisdom teeth extracted. Then 6 months for the bone to heal. After that comes the jaw surgery, as i have an underbite which is quite bad i think and then retainers for some time after that.
Phew that took ages, sorry there's so much to read!!!!!
Beth x

Beth85

#2 Post by Beth85 »

Thanks KK and il definitely be taking your advice. Il do anything & everything to make this run smoothly and avoid any problems later on.
I have my adjustment 30th March so look forward to that, well kinda :soremouth:
Still not sure whether to post pics or not... i guess it would help other people to see my progress but i hate having photos taken :oops:
Beth x

Beth85

Beth85

#3 Post by Beth85 »

Thanks for that il see what i can do. Haven't uploaded pics from my camera before so probly have to ask my husband for his help!
Il update again after my app. In the mean time im hoping for some change, the straighter my teeth get the less shy il be. Hate being seen in public but it will all be worth it! :paperbag: xx