MissJoey's Spacers Day

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MissJoey

MissJoey's Spacers Day

#1 Post by MissJoey »

Hello To All,

Tomorrow is the big day that I go in for my spacers to be placed and to also do the molding. I'm very anxious because it is such a HUGE decision for me--being a young adult living on my own. I almost feel as though I need more time to think about it. My best friend says I need to just go ahead and take that financial risk because I really do want them. I think she may be right. So...I'm going in tomorrow. I'm scared as hell. If anyone has read my first entry "MissJoey's Braces Story", I was very aprehensive about the whole braces thing because I was afraid of looking different. But what the heck, I'm just going to take the leap.

-Michael-

#2 Post by -Michael- »

Hi MissJoey!

You are not alone. Be strong and remember to be happy that your smile is going to be perfect. We are all here with you! :D

It is very easy if you make it that way. I made the whole day a very fun one, so it was easy to get it done. I was in and out before I knew and the time flew by that day. Just remember to use WAX right away, otherwise your gums will get cut up a bit. And as far as being a young adult in braces it's easy! People hardly even notice!

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow :)

-Michael-

MissJoey

#3 Post by MissJoey »

Thanks Michael, Karen, and Ken!!!

Wow, I'm getting a ton of support in this forum! It feels really good! Well, I did it. I went in this morning and had my moldings taken, which tasted like garbage by the way. I wouldn't feed that stuff to my enemies! Then I had my spacers placed in. I've got 8 in, and it isn't bad at all. Initially placing them BETWEEN the teeth was a bit uncomfortable, but I'm getting used to the feeling now. Thanks to all of you for the support. The BIG day (brace day) is Monday, March 12. Keep me in mind then. Oh yeah, and Karen, you keep on advocating rinsing with warm salt water, and I will start that TODAY!!! Thanks again.

MissJoey

Marley

#4 Post by Marley »

Miss Joey!

3 days away! Have a great b-day! My only advise is what Michael said. Use wax as soon as you feel it on your gums! I let one of mine go and now I'm cut up.. no big deal, but a bit annoying!!

Be sure to let us know how it goes!!

MissJoey

#5 Post by MissJoey »

Somebody out there PLEASE tell me this gets better!!! I've had my spacers in for four days now, and man! I guess my teeth are spacing apart, because I can feel it like a mother!!! My nerves are VERY tender to the touch, and already I'm having a tough time eating the foods I love. I've stocked up on soups, pudding and jello, but oh my gosh! This is discomfort on a totally different level!!! My brace day is tomorrow, and I'm really looking to having these bad boys (spacers) out of my mouth for good. Everyone wish me luck!!!

MissJoey

ncgirl

I'm with you!!

#6 Post by ncgirl »

Miss Joey, I could feel your pain because I was in the same boat. I got spacers put on March 1st. The first day was fine, but the next morning...HELLO! :shock: For several days afterwards, it hurt like crazy. However, by the 4th day or so, I was fine. I had to have the spacers changed out last Thursday (3/8/07) and I've been fine with that set. I get my top braces this Thursday (3/15/07) and I'm looking forward to it. Looks like today is your B'day, so please let us know how things go. From what I've heard, we might be sore for a few days after getting braced, but we can handle it....right? I think I can handle anything after those gosh awful spacers!! :D

Good luck today!

Patricia S.

#7 Post by Patricia S. »

Hi Miss Joey! How was your brace day? Hope everything went well.

Patricia

Ives

#8 Post by Ives »

So must be a big relief to have those spacers out. I had 12 of those bad boys. Man that was rough. So did the braces go well ? Hope you took some before pics, before long you will not remember what your old teeth looked like. :wink:

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

MissJoey

#9 Post by MissJoey »

Hey guys,

You can read about my brace day in my other blog board. It's under MissJoey's Braces Story, under "Braces Stories". Thanks!!!

MissJoey