Lea's story...Update and pics pg. 5

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lea72104

#16 Post by lea72104 »

Jen No you are definitely not the only one. I was sooo mad when i read that. My retort could have been taken either way....some people have it worse off than others and i think people need to realize that and be a little more sympathetic...but hey, what can you do.... :roll:

Anywho...Just got back from the ortho...I got a Ni-Ti wire (.014) and my bite plate. Ended up with orange and pink. I had the same assistant and she was awesome. The band on the right hurt going in and i think it's because i am still so sore from the spacers, I almost was in tears! Hopefully the bottoms won't be so bad. I Have my next adjustment in 4 weeks On April 27th. They said that the teeth should be pretty well into alignment within a month or two and that i can hopefully be rid of the bite plate by then. Ahhh well.. here's some picks!

platinum

#17 Post by platinum »

NIce colours you have!!!

Your biteplate looks very comfortable :lol:

You are going to see a lot of movement if you will get rid of your bite plete so soon!

lea72104

#18 Post by lea72104 »

Thanks Platinum! I hope i see a lot of movement, but i'm not getting my hope s up!

lea72104

#19 Post by lea72104 »

Thanks Karen! and Congrats on becoming our new moderator! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lea72104

#20 Post by lea72104 »

I woke up this morning to myself grinding my teeth on my bite plate! I never grind my teeth. It didn't hurt but the sound alone was enough to make me not want to do it! My tongue has been rubbed raw from the bite plate :evil: and i have a canker sore there too! argh! ahhh well, only another month or so...hopefully it will get better, i'm counting on it! off to work, should be a fun day![/list]

samantha_lou

#21 Post by samantha_lou »

Looking great Lea! I think you'll see some quick progress over the next couple of months, your bite plate will really allow your upper teeth to allign smoothly.

I love your lig colours, very cool!

PrincessMelody

#22 Post by PrincessMelody »

Congrats on finally getting braced Lea! I read through your story and it looks like you've had quite the journey, but I am glad it's finally happening for you!

I LOVE your lig choice. Very cute! Hopefully you'll see some fast movement and won't have to live with that bite plate for very long. It definately doesn't look like fun.
Hopefully there is nothin up my nose!
I was laughing at that as it has been SOOO tempting sometimes to comment on people's noses/nostrils when seeing pictures of their uppers. So I have my opportunity and would like to comment that you have lovely nose hair :lol:

Anyways, congrats again and hope you adjust quickly. I promise it gets better!

P.S. Wax and salt water are your friends!
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

lea72104

#23 Post by lea72104 »

Thanks Melody! Ya know, I like to keep my nose clean! :lol:

Hopefully I can get rid of this thing soon, it's giving me problems! I can't talk properly, but it will be ok here soon. I was finally able to eat something last night without choking! lol....My boyfriends parents took us to dinner and i was really afraid of food getting stuck and whatnot. His mom is really happy that I got it done. She said that she wishes her mom had done it for her! :P

lea72104

#24 Post by lea72104 »

Just an update....Haven't seen any "real" movement and my teeth actually don't hurt! (not that i was expecting any within 5 days!) My brackets in the back no longer rub my cheeks..I couldn't be happier about that! :lol: :lol:

lea72104

Edited 4/4/07

#25 Post by lea72104 »

yay! I just noticed while brushing my teeth that the tooth that just got bracketed doesnt go behind the others anymore! It rests right on top of the bottom! :P :P :P :P

lea72104

#26 Post by lea72104 »

I'm having a reeeeaaaallly hard time even getting floss between most of my teeth. any suggestions?

lea72104

#27 Post by lea72104 »

I have a question. My ortho gave me a bite plate to use until one of my teeth comes forward. that tooth has since come forward enough to where it does not slide behind the bottoms. The bite plate has been really helpful until the past few days. The right side has been digging into my tooth...yes my tooth, not my gum! I got adjusted and it was ok for about a day. Now it's doing the same thing and the left side is cutting into my gums behind my tooth. I have not been wearing it except when i eat because it's so painful. I haven't talked to the ortho since that problem started happening. My question is: is it a big deal that i'm not wearing it since it is to be used for the tooth to not hit. I don' t close my mouth when it isn't in so i can't hurt my bracket/tooth....Any advice?

platinum

#28 Post by platinum »

I don't wear my bite plate-retainer at work. If I would bite down properly I would hit brackets. I am learned not to bite down. My ortho said it is ok for me to take the bite plate out once in a while, because it does not move my teeth etc, just prevents me not to knock off lower brackets. Once I forgot my retainer at work, so I was one whole day without it, and i did not hit my brackets with my upper teeth :)

joney

#29 Post by joney »

Hi Lea

Great news that the tooth is in front now. The bite plate sounds painful and I suppose if the purpose was to stop the tooth sliding behind the bottoms, which is no longer happening, then you will be ok. To be on the safe side why don't you call the ortho and explain what is happening and get the nod that it is ok to continue, as you are doing now, until your next appointment.

Keep trying with the flossing, I had trouble at first because my teeth were so jam packed close together but it is really easy now. Once the teeth loosen up a bit it gets a lot easier.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

lea72104

#30 Post by lea72104 »

flossing has gotten loads better. Still having trouble getting back between the molars with bands. Thanks guys for the advice, I thought it should be alright because it's not really moving any teeth... :lol: