raninhas' story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

raninhas

raninhas' story

#1 Post by raninhas »

Ok, so I'll contextualize this little space of mine...

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:41 pm Post subject: getting braced tomorrow!
Thank you all!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:43 pm Post subject:
Hi there! Thanks for all the support! It all went great, and I promise I'll tell exactly how it was. But right now, after my first meal with braces, I'm brushing them, and I'm kind of panicking. My ortho gave me a kit with a manual braces brush, a little one with several heads to use in between the brackets, wax, toothpaste, fluor rinse, and manuals. But I don't have a water pick and I'm afraid I won't brush all the food off. I'm really panicking, I feel some fruit in between my teeth and I don't even know how to floss!
Please help me

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:55 am Post subject:
KK, I panicked for just that moment, then I calmed down, read my manuals and did it perfectly! And I can floss like I did before, in the gum line, and with normal floss thread! I can pass it under the wire and do it just fine!
The manual braces brush works greatly too! And the interdental brush as well! It took me about 15 minutes to do it, and is just my upper arch, I'm not bottom braced yet, so I was minucious.
And to finish it, of course, I rinsed with fluor.
Thank you so much for your advices...Now I'll read the topic about how do you brush (and how many times) daily.
I still have no pain, except when my upper teeth touch the bottom ones, so I keep them from doing that. Although I'm a bit worried, since my two molars on the right side hurt much more than the rest of my teeth. Is this normal? And it is pain, different than soreness. But then again, only when I touch them. Can it be a cavity or something, and the pain was activated by the pressure? These two molars have fillings (ceramic ones, but fillings).
Also my gums are a bit sore too, is that normal?
Despite that, I can't complain. I just can't chew, so I'm having soup and easy to swallow meals.

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 pm Post subject:

I sat on my orthos' chair and the assistent came in and started to talk to me, asking me about how was I feeling, if I felt prepared, and if I had already chose any colors. I told her I was super confused, as I wanted something discret but, at the same time, I wanted some color. So she handed me something that looked like a key chain with so many colooooooooors!!! Which left me even more confused, eheh.

I told her my dilema and she told me that if I wanted to keep a low profile but still chose a color (since it was my first time) I should chose something "light", neutral. And that's what I did. I was thinking (before the apptm) about metal grey, so it would blend with the braces, but then I took a risk and chose a BEAUTIFUL light green (aqua, but lighter). She aplauded my choice!

Then my ortho came in, made small talk, and removed those spacers (finally). Then she asked me if I was ready, and explained me what she was going to do. She measured up some molar bands, to see which fit on my teeth, and after she found the perfect matches, she put them on. It was not the most pleasent thing, but from other testimonies I thought it would be more painful.

After they were put, she took the mouth opener (now that's deeply unconfortable!). I hate that thing, but I handled it. How brave! She placed the "sucky thingy" inside my mouth, and told me to bite. And so I did. Then she explained me she was going to place the brackets on my teeth, one by one. She placed them one by one, while the assistant worked that blue light to activate the glue.

FUNNY FACT. As my ortho and her assistant were placing the brackets, we started hearing some heavy screaming coming from another room, what seemed to be a little boy. I wondered what was happening to him. Maybe a root canal or something. Another assistant, kind of panicking (or at least that's what looked like, from the my eye's corner), came at our door, and asked my assistant for help. My ortho said it was ok, and so she went. We kept hearing the screaming, at that point I really was curious about what was happening. Maybe some treatment without anestesia. It turned out to be a little boy having his teeth molds to the ortho's appreciation! I couldn't believe it! My ortho said it is not confy, but it's not like someone is killing you (and that's what it looked like it was happening...). I remembered my own molding, but it wasn't that bad...I mean, it was bad, but not screaming-like-mad bad...

Well, I'm a bit tired now, I'll continue this post later!!