braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jellybelly

braces

#1 Post by jellybelly »

Hi i have just found out that i need braces although no one has mentioned it to me before. I do have crooked teeth but i am really scared of the prospect of spending 18 or so months with big metal thingd stuck to my teeth. In my mind i have already decided that i am going to have white ones or ceramics but i am still really self concious. No one my age that i know has braces and if anyone has any information, pictures, stories etc or to tell me what it was like for please will you help me! :D

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

How old are you, this site has a very large range of age members here!

I'm 21 and got braces and will be turning 22 in July :) I'm not afraid I just didn't want to live with that smile I had for the rest of my life!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

smallbutmighty

#3 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hi Jellybelly,
Sometimes you need to be the SPAM, the leader of a trend. If no one else around you has braces as an adult, you can be the first! More than likely, you haven't noticed them, because people just don't! Until you get them yourself, then you do, and you will also notice peoples' teeth more and make observations about how much they would benefit from orthodontic treatment. And it isn't just about having a nice smile, it is about your overall health which can be compromised further over the years as the bite and gums worsen from misalignment. So I am 64 and I don't know anyone my age doing this, but I am doing this to save my teeth. And no one notices or if they do, they don't say anything. So just be glad that you CAN do something that will make such a difference in such a relatively short time. Be sure to read lots of the stories on this site and see the progress pictures. We will all be waiting to share in your wonderment of the process. :-#)
It's all in how you see yourself!

jellybelly

#4 Post by jellybelly »

I am also 21 years old but i still dont feel comfortable with the braces idea and i have just found out how much it costs!! thanks for your replys and if anyone has any more info on braces i would be most grateful!(does it hurt, what it feels like etc) As i am a beginner to this whole brace thing what do i need to expect-i am finding it hard to come to terms with the whole it will hurt thing and also i need 4 extractions!! owwwww!! :( how long has other peoples brace been on their teeth because i have been given a time of 18-24 months!!that seems ages but i have talked to another person on these forums that has said that they got told 1 year but had it on for nearly 3!!! is that the case??? please get in touch- i am a bit scared at this thought!
jelly belly xxxx

jellybelly

#5 Post by jellybelly »

This is my horribly crooked mouth- beasty gnashers! i know the are horrible and braces would make them look nice but i am used to them now and i dont want my teeth taken out!!

mayday

#6 Post by mayday »

I had those same feelings before I got braces. I am 20 and in college and I thought it would be horrible to be in them.

At first it was awkward seeing people for the first time, but that eventually faded. In fact, now I am less self-conscious about my teeth because I know I am doing something to change them. Some people might mention something, but the majority of people usually don't--about half of them probably had braces when they were younger.

And the time really does slip past you. I always think in the future--for example, I think, "OK so when this semester ends in May, it will already be six months--Wow!"

I just searched the web for info, along with the main site of this board.