Redbacks begginging

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Redback

Redbacks begginging

#1 Post by Redback »

Ouch! I just got my braces on today! Full upper and lower metal ones. I have always know I need braces because my teeth a very crooked, I'll try to get around to posting some pictures soon.

Anyway. About November last year I got a refferal to my Orthodontist. had some X-Ray and found all four wisdom teeth were impacted (the bottom ones horizontally) and that why they believe the wacked up teeth occured. Got them all out on December 9th. Had a gace period, when back to Ortho in Jan and got ready for the Braces. About a week ago when to Ortho again for Pictures and moulds and today! at 10:45am!! It all happened.

Getting them on was ok but now as I sit here, with a pretty horrible fealing of metal rubbing against my mouth, a bit of pain, hungry because I cant chew anything and annoyed that I cant close my mouth because the braces hit my teeth. But I did ask to have braces put on so I guess I can only blame myself huh :)

Hopefully in a couple days the pain and annoyance will go, am I right? Even more hopefully I can get these off quick and have that perfect smile! :D

cowlypso

#2 Post by cowlypso »

Congratulations on getting braced!

Definitely use lots of wax. It really does help. You can either put it on an individual bracket, if there is just one that is causing an issue, or you can just make a long string of wax and nail a whole section of your arch! Instant relief. If found that I used the wax mostly for the first few days, and was able to stop gradually after 2-3 days as my mouth got used to things.

For the pain, go ahead and take something. No need to sit around in pain. It's been my experience that some tylenol will usually take care of any pain that I feel when I'm just sitting around. Now, pain that you feel while you are chewing is different. I haven't found a solution to that. So if it hurts when you chew hard stuff, you'll just have to chew softer stuff for a while. But that will get better.

And there's no need to go hungry. Make yourself some soup, or some mac and cheese, or eggs... Lots of food that doesn't require lots of chewing. Eating is definitely weird when you first get the braces on, but you'll get used to it.

emily25

#3 Post by emily25 »

Hiya and welcome to the board! congratz on getting braced. :)

The pain and discomfort do ease eventually, trust me i got braced 8 days ago and it feels like ive had em on for ages, they feel comfortable actually i never thought i would say that lol but so will you soon.

Just wondering how long your treatment time is going to be?

Redback

#4 Post by Redback »

emily25 wrote:Just wondering how long your treatment time is going to be?
They said about 18 months - 2 years, depends on how things progress. Thanks to all for your very warm welcome!