taylorhl25's journey - stepping closer

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

taylorhl25

taylorhl25's journey - stepping closer

#1 Post by taylorhl25 »

Well I am currently at work and in about 30 minutes I have to leave to go to the dentist to have the final work done before my brace fitting in (I think) 26 days. I hate the dentist and am very nervous only have to have a cavity filled (fingers crossed no root treatment will be needed :( ) and then I am also hoping that she will extract the baby tooth, so I won't have to make another appointment for that, so fingers crossed all round I think! :wink:

I am usually really bad with dentists and I think that is why I am surprised that I am quite calm about the whole Orthodontics. I have just popped 2 neurofen (Advil for those from the USA) as this helps with the jaw ache and I have also scoffed a chocolate bar to increase my blood sugar level as it tends to plummit when the nerves hit me. Last time I was so bad I almost fainted and the dentist had to give me glucose sweets, not a good experience.

Well I shall update after it is all complete, so please think of me and keep everything crossed for a simple filling and an extraction :!:

taylorhl25

#2 Post by taylorhl25 »

Well I survived :D with no root canal treatment needed, it was a deep cavity but caught in time. Baby tooth is still in place but I am noow booked in next Wednesday to have this extracted :wink:

taylorhl25

Ow sore and braces are not even on yet !

#3 Post by taylorhl25 »

:( Ok well yesterday I had my 2nd to last dental trip before brace day and it was only a cavity filling but it was very deep and well last night I was in bed by 8:30pm as my mouth ached and my teeth were sensitive, this morning my alarm went off for work at 5:45am and unfortunately it still hurt, so called in sick and have spent the day under my duvet.

Thankfully it is now nearly 5:30pm and it feels so much better but I have noticed upon looking at the work done that the gum around the tooth filled is actually bruised and looks bloody, my guess is that my dentist may have caught my gum when working (I was so numb, never felt a thing), or, I think I felt some kind of vice put on my teeth to seperate them, so I think it could have been that.

The whole thing is preparing me for brace day, which is 25 days from now and next week I have my final dental treatment to have the cause of my problems, the baby tooth removed. Although I have been clinging on to baby tooth for the last 2 years (yes it really has been wobbly all that time), I will be pleased to have it removed as it really means all this is real and in just over a year all my teeth will be fixed and lovely and straight, very exciting :P :P

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Aw, you missed out on root canal treatment, you haven't lived until you've had one of those! :lol:

Good luck with the baby tooth removal, sounds like it's happy to go anyway.