Marvin GOT BRACED !!!!! (Almost one year !!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MarvinBrace

Marvin GOT BRACED !!!!! (Almost one year !!)

#1 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi everybody, :-1

I'M OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF METAL MOUTH !!!!! :jump:

Let me begin to introduce myself at the members that don't know me yet.
I'm Marvin living in Aruba, a teacher and I'm 31 year old guy.

My teeth were from early on in my live pretty bad (lot of gaps), but like alot of you out there my parents hadn't enough money to get me braces.
So after many years here I'm in braces (wish it was in the early years).

Right now I have vacation (3 weeks) and that's why I choose to put them on today, so when I go back to work, I'm already used to them (hopefully).

Yesterday I was nervous/happy/scared all of these emotions mixed in a blender. My app. was at 10 am and was awake at 7:30 am.
I had my breakfast (so later I don't get hungry), rinse with salt water, used alot of lip balm and went the to pharmacy to get a pack of Ibuprofen (600mg.) in case I need it later in the day.
I get to the ortho at 9.40 and I wait only 5 minutes. When I was on the chair all my "mixed emotions" just dissappeared and I was very calm.
My ortho and his assistent begun to work on me. All the routine stuff except they didn't used the lip strechter, they just used cotton rolls and put them around the sides of my lips. Only the smell of the glue was pretty bad, all the rest went pretty quick and painless.
All it took was about 1 hour and I was done.
I asked my ortho about the brand of the brackets, he told me that he doesn't remember the name of it :roll: , but I can find it on "ortho-organizer". The wire they used was 0.14 NiTi (very thin).

I'm very happy with the result, only I have to get used to the rubbing on the inside of my lips and my speech. Until now (5 hours later) I don't have pain, no need of Ibuprofen or wax YET.

I will now put some pictures of my braces, I hope they don't brake your monitor....lol !!! :lol:

This is my front open bite (lot of gaps): :oops:

This is my right side:

This is my left side:

I hope I did a good job on telling my story. My next adj. is on the 15th of jan. If you have any quetsions feel free to ask, I will be here many more times. :wink:

Bye for now.....Marvin
Last edited by MarvinBrace on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tin Indian

#2 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D :D Congratulations Marvin,

And welcome to the club! Nice pictures, hope you do well. Let us know how your progress goes OK?
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

karebear46168

#3 Post by karebear46168 »

CONGRATS!

Glad to hear it all went well, I hope mine is as easy as yours. :jump:

SimInsomniac

#4 Post by SimInsomniac »

Congratulations on getting braces! :wink:
Those photos are very nice. The brackets are barely visible! Hope all goes well from now until January.

Sim

mayday

#5 Post by mayday »

Ouu Congrats. Hope mine look as good as yours (my b-day is in two!!)

overseasmel

#6 Post by overseasmel »

Congrats! They look awesome. Your teeth look nicely shaped and white as well, so I think your result is going to be fantastic! :banana:

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

newmetal

#7 Post by newmetal »

Congratulations.

Newmetal

MarvinBrace

#8 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hello everybody,

I just want to thank you ALL for being there for me when I had my questions. :D
Without you guys I wouldn't be braced. :P
Like KK said I had a lot of doubts, but with your support I have done it. :dance:
And I have to say that I'm happy for doing it (IT'S ALL ABOUT "ATTITUDE") :banana:

Until now (15 hours later) everything is going smooth. No meds, no wax and no pain.

linda21: I have the o-rings, you can't see them cos they are clear.

Bye....Marvin

jdub

#9 Post by jdub »

Congrats Marvin.

As I think about my b-day, when I got in the chair and laid back, I was rather calm too. Funny how all those emotions just kinda subside when you actually get started.

JDub

Sbebs

#10 Post by Sbebs »

Congratulations Marvin. I hope you adjust quickly to life in braces. I myself am a week away from getting braced. So I can relate to the nerves.

Enjoy your holiday!~ 8)

Jillianleab

#11 Post by Jillianleab »

Congrats on getting started, Marvin! I agree with what others have said, the brackets look really great on your teeth, they blend in really well. I think you will find you will be really pleased with your decision and I bet you will have some great results!

Good luck at your fist adjustment! :)
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

turrrtlelove22

#12 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Congrats Marvin!!! Lookin' good. So you are about 2 days in now? How are things going? Hope all is well and that you are not in too much pain. :D Mine lasted barely a week!!! You have lots of spaces like me. I'm am so anxious to see those spaces start to close as I know you are too. Congrats once again and good luck!!! :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

MarvinBrace

#13 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi Jillianleab and turrrtlelove22,

Thanks for your words. :lol:
Yes I'm going in my 3rd day and I have to say that I don't feel any pain yet. :wink:
I didn't used OTC meds and either wax until now.
I can eat pretty good, but only chewing is a little difficult, cos I have one tooth that hits a bracket. :cry:
Ooooo...my speech is something that I have to work on, especially the letters C, S and F. :oops:

Till next time...Bye...Marvin

MarvinBrace

Update after 17 days

#14 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi everybody,

I hope everyone is feeling OK and that all your dreams come true in this year. :lol:
I just want to post these pictures and let you judge for yourself if you can see any movements. :roll:
I personally think that at the sides the wire got straighter, maybe I'm wrong. :?
Please let me know what you think. :wink:

Image day #1 Image day #17

Image day #1 Image day #17

Bye...till next time.

Marvin

Jillianleab

#15 Post by Jillianleab »

Looking good, Marvin! I can see that the wire has gotten straighter, it's not just your imagination! It's great that you are seeing improvement in such a short period of time, that must be very encouraging. Congrats!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806