Kay's Brace Journey *Updated Pic & Comments - 11th March

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kay

Kay's Brace Journey *Updated Pic & Comments - 11th March

#1 Post by kay »

Hi everyone,

Thought i'd post some pics so i can review my progress through the next yr or so, as well as to "try" and support others in their own journeys. I know that it has helped me alot looking at other peoples pics on their progress and i would like to do the same back.

Well i got my tops in on November 8th, so it has almost been a month since they've been in. The time has flown! I have not noticed any major changes as yet, i think it's cos i have had no extractions and so it's taking a little longer to get the teeth to straighten out.

The main reason i got braces was to straighten out my overlapping front 2 teeth. I am getting married next August and wanted them to look better so that it will be one less thing for me to worry about!

My 1st adjustment is on 20/12, in which i will be getting my bottoms braced too (after one more extraction 2moro - yikes!). I can't wait for the day my front teeth are straight, i don't even know if it will suit me! Maybe my teeth were my signature!??!?!

Oh well too late to start reminiscing! Here are my pics!

Before Braces

1st day in Braces

Almost 1 month later

4 months later

My teeth had actually alligned about 2 and a half months to 3 months into my progress, but only just got a chance to put pics up now!

PS: Sorry about all the different sized pictures, i can't work out which size i originally used despite going through all the size options and previewing it a million times!!

Can anyone notice that the middle of my front 2 teeth dont actually level with the middle of my upper lip?! I think its cos i have a canine tooth missing as my silly dentist from years ago took it out and i think it has messed up the balance in my face! Do you think that this will move now? Or would it be a case of having surgery to shift my jaw or something?!?!

Not that i'm going to, just wondering!!!
Last edited by kay on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

M1k3y

#2 Post by M1k3y »

Great progress so far. I bet the shifting of your upper front central must be a little painful. In the end it will be all worth it since you'll have a great smile for your wedding.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

kay

#3 Post by kay »

Thanks Mikey and Meryaten!

I didn't notice that my overlapped tooth had shifted slightly until i put the pics up to compare. It's hard to see such changes by looking in the mirror everyday. But i do feel better knowing that they're sloooooooooooowly moving!

Hope there will be more improvement for my 1st adjustment in 2 weeks! :D

kay

#4 Post by kay »

[color=red][b]linda21[/b][/color] wrote:Congrats on starting a journal and for your pics kay :thumbsup:

All the best with the extraction tomorrow and may you have a complication free recovery.
Hi Linda, my dentist cancelled my appointment today so have to wait until next Monday now! My teeth are feeling quite wobbly now so that's a good sign as you've said! Can't wait for the day i put the picture up where they are all alligned! So exciting!!! :banana:

scrap metal

#5 Post by scrap metal »

looking good so far. when r the bottoms being done?

kay

#6 Post by kay »

scrap metal wrote:looking good so far. when r the bottoms being done?

Hey scrap metal! My teeth have moved slightly more since my last post, i will put pics up soon. I've had my 2 extractions now and had my 1st adjustment on my tops yesterday! My ortho put a spacer in between my bottom molars too, so far so good! Oh i got a slightly thicker wire on my tops too this time!

Bottoms are going on tomorrow! I hope he doesnt put too many ugly springy things on them to close my gaps as i want to go out 2moro nite! Fingers crossed i will be fine, otherwise i will have to have a boring Friday night in!

kay

#7 Post by kay »

I have got my bottom braces in too, but i can't seem to get a good enough picture of them. They are very wonky and seem to be going in a slant shape! My 2 extraction spaces at the back havn't closed yet either and i have a very bent tooth which is in the process of being straightened!

I seem to have missed my 1st day and progress pics for my bottom teeth! I got them in just before i went on a 6 week holiday and i've only just recently got back.

Will post pics as soon as i can! :D