Tin Indian's Photo Journal- (Update 12/28/07)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

#31 Post by Tin Indian »

Thanks for the encoragement Meryaten. Been munchin on dry Cheerios tonight as a snack and I tell you-these puppies are REALLY sore right now. Especially the bottoms with all the new bends the ortho put in. they feel like they are being pulled from their sockets :ouch: . It even hurts drinking water right now with the tylenol. things should be better in the morning so I'll be up for a bagel or two to check my theory out.
We'll be tearing up the bathroom tomorrow too. Feels good to have the guy staying with it. Beers -to -ya!! :-88
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Tin Indian

#32 Post by Tin Indian »

Ken, Denise :-1 -Thanks for checking in . Its been a while but hopefully I'll be in the fold a while longer this time. :-**
And Meryaten, right now I'am raising a glass :-88 BUSCH LIGHT!
This new cable internet is killer! :computer:
Teeth were mighty sore this morning and I went with cinnamon toast and a dew laced with ibuprofen. Things have gotten nothing but better since then. Maybe the ole cinnamon bagel tomorrow instead. :soremouth:
Bathroom was worked on today . The guy assembled the front and the drawers for the vanity and next week saturday we expect to be putting them together then. He's a little slow but man this cat is good! It's been sort of hard the last year with the only bathroom in the house being torn up but we can see the light in the tunnel. :-)o

Tin Indian

#33 Post by Tin Indian »

Thanks for the encouragment Meryaten and Karen. :-**
:D Well: I had my bagel this morning. Little bit of a chore as my teeth are still tender but I did it w/o any meds of anykind. :shock: But I did have a couple of beers while working on my truck in the afternoon. :-88 . All the bends the ortho put in the bottom wire are working and I can see a lot of change already as my teeth just don't just feel different ,I can see it too. I guess I just have to trust him on that one.

Tin Indian

#34 Post by Tin Indian »

Meryaten,Ya I got the bends alright and I can't beleive how much they moved in just 4 days. I sort of questioned the bends at first but now I'm a believer! and for soreness- :soremouth: I think not! Just a little tender -I think chewing a lot really does help. Especially getting thru that first bagel.
As for the bathroom, the guy only works on Saturdays but at least were getting somewhere and we can still use the facilities in the mean time.

Rage - How could you not like Busch Light ? :-88 Its light- costs only 14.99 per 30 pack and you can drink a ton of it. And for The New Holland Brewery-passed by it with the wife and grandson in tow tonight for the junk food fest.But that Hard apple cider sounds great!Thanks for stopping by.

Jt2lang-I know I promised pics to you guys. I'll round up the son-in law to help with posting them soon. When my computer crapped out on me I lost eveything so I'll need him to help me out again. I can work myself around the web easy enough but the technical stuff isn't my forte. Thanks for reminding me. :-**

Tin Indian

#35 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D :D OKAY!!! Here is the pics I promised you all a while back. Sorry it took so long but I hope it is worth the wait. Here it goes. The red ligs are from the ajustment in March and the black ligs are from my ajustment in MayImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Here is my washing machine I tore apart and put back together.
ImageImage
And here is still a few more of our bathroom we are remodeling.It should be finished soon then we can paint the trim and stain the woodwork.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Tin Indian on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tin Indian

#36 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Jenni-Thanks for the positive comments about my teeth.I really have come quite a ways since I started and I think they look good too!. I just wish I was as far as what you said but I fiqure I have I probably another year or so left
:lol: Ken-Thanks also for the comments on my toofies!
As far as my bathroom door. Its alot easier to roll into it when I had to many Silver Bullets :paperbag: But you have to watch out for it on the backswing! :jokerlaugh: You just had to ask that question eh? :jokerlaugh:
Hope these are better!
ImageImageImageImageImage

SDFD TSchott

#37 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Your mouth is looking more amazing as time goes by... keep up the great work.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Tin Indian

#38 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Meryaten-Thanks for the Comments on the teeth and bathroom.The top arch still needs some tweaking and the bottom still needs to come around. The tile floor was my idea and the rope trim was her's. :-88

:D Tim-Thanks a million! Comments always welcome here! :computer:

:D Karen-Thanks for the tips on the pics, I'm sure I'll remember that next time I post them.The bathroom still needs the towel hooks ,TP holder, drawer pulls and things like that and then we can stain and paint. The vanity was finished last weekend. And my bite has changed from yesterday and even the teeth hurt too. BUT I still had my steak dinner! :jump:

:D I only said a year because that will give 20mos. brace time. Which was the earliest the ortho said I would be done.The lowers have a ways to go but the tops are coming along nicely. Hopefully I'll be done before that too. Cheers. :thumbsup:

bracesafter40

#39 Post by bracesafter40 »

:D :D :D OKAY!!! Here is the pics I promised you all a while back. Sorry it took so long but I hope it is worth the wait. Here it goes.
Tin, thanks for sharing, but the pics are blurry when I click on them.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

Laurie

#40 Post by Laurie »

Wow! That bathroom is looking nice! And so are you teeth!

Tin Indian

#41 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Hey Guys. Time to update you all on a bunch of things.

BA40, Laurie, Linda21, Ken, Rage, Denise, Jenn, thanks for checkin in on me.
1. Teeth are coming along fine, in fact I now have a GAP in my middle uppers in front. Last time I had an ajustment I asked about them both swaying to my left so they put a bend and a tube or stop in the middle and now they look much better. It just took a month to do it.
The lowers still are tender but they moved quite a lot to because of all the up and down and back and forth bends they put in.They also are starting to look like they are leveling off somewhat. And my bite has changed almost daily- its hard to chew when they don't all hit at the same time. My midline is still off a bunch but ortho said not to worry about it for a while.

2. Bathroom is coming along nicely. The guy who works on it has worked the last bunch of Saturdays at work so we have been putsin around in it a little to help when we can. Just a hand full of stuff like trim pieces and hooks and stuff left. Then we can stain and paint.

3. Been swimmin in the pool alot because of the hot weather- the water is 86 degrees . I biked a hard 7.2mi. last night on my mountain bike . It felt good!

4. Put new universal joints and new brakes in my truck. Put a new front end on my tractor after that broke in the road when I was mowing. And I had my motorcycle in the shop for repairs after that quit running.The solar heater on the pool is broken . Oh-Yeah , and my a/c in the house is out of juice too. I guess that what I'm working for- to pay for everything!

5. I have tomorrow off. Its a paid sick day. I'm allowed 10 a year and if I don't use all they pay me for the remainder of them. HAVE A NICE DAY!!

Not much happening after that!

Tin Indian

#42 Post by Tin Indian »

Yeah - I thought about early retirement once but what would I do with all the time off :rawk: :dance: :-88 :-)o :computer:

Tin Indian

#43 Post by Tin Indian »

So Karen and linda21, how cold is it. Is it your winter time now?
Rage- Still hot here too- been swimming and biking alot. Sure helps to keep the ole bones in shape.
The teeth are doing just fine. But I have an ajustment coming up Friday so I hope I can report good thing then. They have moved quite a lot the last week or so - no pain but I can tell in my bite that they have changed.I just wonder why they waited 1 week until my ajustment to do that.
Been working on the bathroom to but just on Saturday's to keep the cost down.
Cheers. T.I. :-88

Granola

#44 Post by Granola »

Wow, I love seeing renovation photos, and your bathroom is looking great! Mine was out of commission on and off for the last nine months. I like the trim around the door in that one photo.

Oh yeah, and your teeth are looking fantastic! :thumbsup:
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

Tin Indian

#45 Post by Tin Indian »

Karen and Linda21.Too bad your'e in the winter season down there. Do you ever see any snow?
Karen-Can't wait to see your photos of your house you are buiding . It sounds amazing.
Linda21-Remember to take your min/vits , it really helps with the D levels. Yeah I like the DIY stuff but the wheels really turn slow sometimes. It would be a lot quicker with a contractor but the cost would be to high too.
Granola- Thanks for stopping by and the copliments. It means a lot coming from you guys.

Anyway -had a good ajustment I think. They changed ligs from silver up top back to wire ties with a lace back for the middle ones to narrow the gap I came up with. The bottoms they replaced the black ligs to RWB and gave me some hooks for elastics.Then they gave me Chipmunk elastics to start with in a box 3445 configuration. I have a 25-17 wire on top with a 22-16 on the bottom side . Ortho seemed real pleased that I had good progress and that I kept my teeth real clean. Said to expect a wire change next time with either lacebacks or power chains on the top and bottoms. I'll check back in with the rest of you guys later tonight. It's 89 outside and the water in my pool is 84 and I'm going swimming. Too-da-loo
:-88 Cheers-T.I. :-88