sportsgrl97: update on 5-3-07 appt.! (pics 4-28-07)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sportsgrl97

#31 Post by sportsgrl97 »

ok so i had my first post debanding check up today... it went ok. I ask about the gap that was opening up and said that this wasnt exactly normal but can happen and theyll wait until the wisdom tooth comes down and hope that pushes it back towards the front, but they are going to check it again in august to see if it is getting worse. i asked about my bite changing and they said that my tongue when i swallow is putting a TON of pressure on my front teeth causing them and all my other teeth to change my bite and they said they were going to put a hole in my retainer to help me remember where to keep my tongue and if that doesnt help then i dont know what. all i know is that right now that hole in the retainer is bugging the hell out of my tongue!!! i honestly dont think that this hole in my retainer is going to correct a habit that i have pretty much had my hole life even if i do pay attention to it, but my ortho told me that people swallow on average 2,000 times per day and that is what is changing my bite so then i thought if im swallowing 2,000 times per day how the hell am i gonna remember and watch my self swallow everytime i do to make sure im doing it correctly. oh yeah and apparently i push my tongue against my teeth a lot more than i thought when im at rest (not swallowing or eating) and he wants me to remember not to do that. i promise ill try my best lol :) but i doubt a little whole is going to help me accomplish breaking this BIG habit...... oh well i feel better now so thanks for reading this and putting up with my little rant.... ill post pictures of the new hole in my retainer, unfortunately i never took a picture of my retainer when i didnt have any hole so your going to just imagine what i looked like when there wasnt one lol...... so pictures will be up soon!

Thanks
Michelle

sportsgrl97

#32 Post by sportsgrl97 »

Linda21 i went to a speech pathologist when i was young... lets just say im not the biggest fan of them because i REALLY dont enjoy someone sticking some stick in my mouth and then saying..... "ok say that again now" and i guess ill have to try to follow the direction my ortho gave me.

thanks you guys for the compliments. ashame i didnt take pictures of my teeth before they started screwing up again (i was tooooo lazy lol)

Michelle