Kim's 'Finally Braced' Story- NEW UPDATE 11/14 W/ PICS

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

garrettnb

#76 Post by garrettnb »

Yep, you can definitly see a little difference. If you look at the brackets on your laterals and compare the day 4 and day 1 you can see a difference.

--Garrett
Quiero Pasta?

KJNELLAMORE

#77 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

I will post pictures after I do my 7th turn tonight. For the past few days, I feel like my nose is broken (seriously, I've broken it before, lol)... it really sucks. Wonder what that's all about. :? Ortho. appt. is tomorrow and I hope that he tells me that I can stop. Reallyyyy hope.

Brandyleigh35

#78 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Hey Kim,
Most ortho's try non-surgical expansion, sometimes it work, sometimes t doesn't. This is most likely the reason that some individuals have to have SARPE. I would definitely let your doctor know that you are feeling pretty uncomfortable.

Brandy

KJNELLAMORE

#79 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Well, the broken-nose feeling is gone. It just kind of comes and goes and is usually the morning after I expand at night. I can definitely tell that my bite has changed and I honestly feel great about the changes just at this point, but I guess we'll see what he says tomorrow. One turn tonight and another before my appt. tomorrow, so that's 8 total.

Here are the pictures from after turn 7:
ImageImage

KJNELLAMORE

#80 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Well, just got back from my appt. I had my favorrrrrite assistant, too (NOT!). She is apparently under the assumption that you are only expanding if you get a space. Silly girl! My ortho. said that it looks great and that it's expected to hurt some.. but that if it hurts worse than it has, to call him. He is having me expand 1x/day again for the next week, and said that he may then slow it down to every other day after that. Woo Hooooooo :evil: :cry: . Sooo.. I have these brackets sitting on my teeth 'cuz why? :roll:

Brandyleigh35

#81 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Trust me Kim,
It is better that you have your brackets now. You can get used to all of it at one time. I think if you have it all, then you don't really know any different and it just is what it is. I found that when I got it a little bit at a time it was a lot harder to handle, as the discomfort and irritation just seemed so much more aggravating. My theory is "give me all the pain at one time" and then I can be done with it sooner. It stinks when its all spaced out....you just get used to one thing, then you have another to adjust to. Not fun! So be glad!

Brandy

KJNELLAMORE

#82 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

I don't have a lot of time right now, but here are pictures from after turn #9

ImageImage

Brandyleigh35

#83 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Wow Kim,
It's looking great! Aren't you thrilled? I mean, I know its a bit uncomfortable, but I was so psyched when I could actually start to see my progress!

I can really see a difference now! I think its awesome!

Brandy

KJNELLAMORE

#84 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Brandy,

You're correct, it does suck :lol: :shock: but I AM thrilled!! Sorry for freaking out a bit last night! Who knew that a hole could get SO lost?! Hopefully I won't have any problems tonight. I am just so glad that it's WORKING! :lol:

Brandyleigh35

#85 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

No problem, you can freak out anytime. I had a few of those moments when my husband had me start turning instead of him. It was pretty stressful the first few days and I lost the hole in my appliance a few times too! No worries....but yes it is working, so its all good!

Brandy

KJNELLAMORE

#86 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

This morning I woke up and it literally felt like I had a broken nose, black eyes, and broken cheek bones. It was bad and I am just now starting to feel a bit better. I think that I am going to skip my turn today, do one tomorrow, skip Sunday, and do Monday and then have my appt. Tuesday. I just can't be not functioning, and this was definitely the worst pain so far. I am sure part of it can be attributed to the fact that I haven't slept much at all (my daughter is sick)... but I am not really a fan of pain, so I am going to try the every-other-day thing. Hopefully my Ortho. understands!

Joanna20

#87 Post by Joanna20 »

Hello!
Let me tell you I love those baby blue ligs. I'm gonna ask for those next week :) I think your bottom teeth look lovely already!
Your device does look a little painful but pain usually equals progress so I think you will be fine. My last adjustment was also the most painful for me so far, but I have no devices so I just couldn't avoid the pain - but I swear I really wanted to break my coil springs, the pain was so strong!!!
I'm sure your ortho will understand that you can't turn it every single day 'cause it hurts so much.
I hope your daughter gets better soon, so you can have some more sleep. Sleeping really helped me get better, I took a tylenol PM right before bedtime and slept for almost 10 hours!

Good luck with everything!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

KJNELLAMORE

#88 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Okay, let's see. Firstly, I have an awful cold.. compliments of my daughter, and compliments of her new pre-school. I hate being sick!

Other than that.. let's see. Here's a lower update since I am coming up on my 3 month lower anniversary. :-V

Beginning

3 Months

You'll notice that there is a nice space there now.. so hopefully that other front tooth will slide right in as well! otherwise, things don't look too different from the last time I updated.

Then, back to 'the project'. I skipped yesterday's turned and turned tonight, which makes 11 (if I can count!). It's strange.. I don't feel pain right away at all.. it's 'later', like the next day, which makes me feel like maybe it's allergy/sinus/migraine related and it's just 'not helping', but isn't necessarily the RPE itself. Anyway.. I am getting a slight space now in the front.. hopefully it remains just that, a SLIGHT space!!

Beginning

Turn 1
ImageImage

Turn 11
ImageImage

Lastly, here is my bite:

Before:

Beginning

After 11 turns w/ RPE:

PrincessMelody

#89 Post by PrincessMelody »

OMG you poor thing. They still stuck brackets on you even though you just have the RPE! I thought having the brackets/spacers together was horrible, but having brackets and an RPE which is a lot longer of a wait then spacers. I would have ripped those brackets off by now!
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

KJNELLAMORE

#90 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Today I did TURN 14, then it was off to my Ortho. appt. I have a really bad cold, so I don't remember much.. but he is having me turn every other day for 2 more weeks now. Next appt. 1/9/07. He also had the assistant put a wire on my uppers (upper 8 I think.. or 4 x 4 something? lol yeah.. I really don't remember.. but not all of them) ! I don't remember what size, but '16 something blah blah' seems about right. The assistant said 'FYI- You're Gonna Be Sore'. Yayyy. :? He was going to have her put a stronger wire on bottom but since it's progressing so well, he wants to wait until next time (or something like that). I'll add pics tonight.