Higgy's Story--Awesome Appt--February 12, 2008

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Higgy

#76 Post by Higgy »

It never bothered me in the least until those teeth came together...now there is only slight discomfort with flossing becuase of that tissue.

Higgy

#77 Post by Higgy »

The Fifth Adjustment

Was able to talk to my ortho a bit about the other stuff from my dentist...he agreed about the molars and said that he could take care of that towards the end of treatment...bad news came about the permanent retainer...I can't have a bonded retainer as planned becuase of the crown that will be going on my bottom canine....he and I will talk more as treatment goes along.

Came home with good and bad results....will go with the bad first. Just prior to my brackets going on...I had my upper right canine pulled...turned and replanted....becuase it was 180 degrees off...wasn't too bad....but apparently it wasn't "engaged" properly in the arch wire and has rotated itself a bit....now it's engaged and will re-rotate back.

Good news came about my wayward tooth....my spring is gone....my powerchain is gone....and it is officially in the archwire all on its own...should hopefully be in the arch by my next appointment when he plans to do a new wire down there...will be my first new wire in the bottom.

Higgy

#78 Post by Higgy »

OUCH.....you know....I left with the wrong concept that there wasn't any pressure on my front bottom teeth....wow was I wrong...I now understand the power of a bend in the wire, lol.

Higgy

#79 Post by Higgy »

wow...can't believe more than 2 weeks have gone by since i was here last...haven't had much progress so far from this adjustment....my front teeth on the bottom have been in a holding pattern....the tops are doing something...they're a bit sore lately.....now that my front teeth are together, its pinching the frenulum....think I'll see next appt if i'm far enough along to do the frenectomy....only other problem has been a bracket bugging me....should go into the wax buisness.

Higgy

Update with pics

#80 Post by Higgy »

Ok...so it's been 4 months now....and I figure it's about time to post some new pics...excuse the lighting in these...but you'll get the main idea from them....note that the current pic is on the left...with the beginning pic on the right

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Looking at these now...I'm amazed at the moment in 4 months...my uppers are totally together...soon my canine will finish rotating and I'll move into a new wire up there...and have the frenectomy....the bottoms are still holding on...but the derotating has gone from nearly 80 degrees to something like 30...I'm wondering though that there might not be enough room for that tooth to slide into place unless we go back to the spring again...we'll see...the bottom arch is doing so well...looks normal now....soon we'll start working on bite stuff.

And now for my all time favorite braced pic...

Higgy

#81 Post by Higgy »

Ya know, I've always been a smiley person....but that dern gap I had between the front uppers was enough to make me not smile....now that that's gone...bring on the smiles! Just an aside about being an adult with braces....I've been talking to someone online for a while...finally shared a pic with him and the comment I recieved was "dang...you still have braces" "and you look 16"....gee thanks bud.

Tin Indian

#82 Post by Tin Indian »

Nice progress Higgy. And a cute smile too!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Jillianleab

#83 Post by Jillianleab »

Great progress, Higgy! The nerve of that guy you sent the pic to making a comment like that! Guess he needs to be kicked to the curb to make room for someone who will appreciate that you are trying to improve your health and smile!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Higgy

#84 Post by Higgy »

So, I just got back from my latest adjustment and it was an up and down kind of visit....my teeth are aligning really well....my jaw and bite however are progressing worse....am developing a crossbite where I didn't have one previous...they're going to address that at my next visit in 5 weeks, and will probably start elastics then....she said it would be nice to have me in the next stronger wire prior to doing that.....I got a new lower wire which will hopefully move the wayward tooth completely in line where it should be....now if we can just get the jaw stuff figured out, I'd be a happy camper:)

Jillianleab

#85 Post by Jillianleab »

At least you are making progress, Higgy! It's common to develop a new problem before the existing problems are totally fixed. I developed an open bite, for example. Elastics aren't so bad, they just take some getting used to.

Good luck!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Higgy

#86 Post by Higgy »

OUCH!

My teeth hurt so much this morning :( I can't bite into anything, I can't chew on the right side...geesh....all that from such a tiny wire! Those bottoms are more painful now than they were when I first got braces...and the tops sure didn't act this way when they got their new wire....ok....enough whining I guess, lol...

OUCH!

Higgy

6 months already!

#87 Post by Higgy »

Hey there!

I've already passed my 6 month mark! I'm going in about 30 minutes for my 7th? adjustment....we're supposted to start working on jaw placement today. Will update ya when I get back!

Higgy

#88 Post by Higgy »

We didn't start elastics today as we had planned becuase they want to move one tooth a bit more first, but the powerchains came as a surprise....especially since I don't have any gaps to close...they're using them to do the minor rotation. Also had new xrays done today. Next time they are going to do some repositioning of brackets, so he wanted to see what placement is needed. I couldn't believe how many color choices there are! She came over with about a hundred different choices. Purple seemed to be popular here, so I thought for a first go around, I'd give that a shot. I like it so far, but I must say it is wierd to see color in there! I can definately feel the extra UMPH of the powerchain, much more tension on the bottom that earlier today, but they were very impressed with my progress and it looks like I might also have a quicker treatment time than they first thought.

joney

#89 Post by joney »

Great to hear that you are doing so well and that they are pleased with our progress. Possible early release, truly words that we would all like to hear. Congratulations.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Higgy

#90 Post by Higgy »

So here's the newest news on the orthodontia front...

Tuesday morning I dislocated my jaw (right side)...grrrr....but I'm okay, just rather tender (that's what I get for yawning too wide)....more on the dental front, I had my 6 month checkup/cleaning on last friday and everything was good...I asked about the sensitive tooth and the hygenist said that its common for teeth to go through sensitive stages during treatment, just to be sure to keep things clean...she also said that even though the "superfloss" is easier to use, she doesn't recommend it...and gave me dental tape instead saying that it does a better job keeping the gumline clean.