braces are actually the end.....

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

srg1977

#31 Post by srg1977 »

It's a cranky, ranting day...

Almost 3 weeks since the last adjustment and i'm still in pain. Things are moving very quickly - I can wake up in the morning and see gaps where there were none the night before. It's dramatic (which is good) , but is causing no end of hurt and frustration. I had to have a back wire clipped 6 days after the adjustment, and will probably go for another clip in the next few days.

And it's not a matter of just sucking it up and eating through the pain. No one wants to eat with someone who tears up when trying to chew a small piece of french fry. I've got a training course on Monday where lunch is provided, and found out they were serving sandwiches, wraps and veggie platters. Well, that's no good. So I had to get them to order me a bowl of soup, but it's veggie beef so at least i'll be able to eat the broth and some of the boiled-to-death veggies.

Someone at work asked what I was going to eat after the braces came off, and the list is enormous: steak, corn on the cob, salad, raw veggies, sandwiches, burgers, chicken wings, ....

Anyway, I know people on here more commonly complain about seeing no progress, but the alternative isn't that great either. I asked the assistant about things moving too fast, but she said that everything looks fine.

I'm sure all of the responses to this will be super positive, chin-up, change your attitude types, and I appreciate them. But I need to wallow in misery for a little while at least (it was a crappy week at work on top of everything), so thanks for letting me rant.