juf_84's smile ~I'm back and naked~

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

juf_84

#106 Post by juf_84 »

Hey Everyone!

Wow! Four months already! I can't believe it has flown by so quickly- of course that is what everyone one here says so I shouldn't be surprised!

Everything is going really well. My lower left 2nd bicuspid is aching a bit and has been for a few days, but nowhere near as badly as my lower left 1st bicuspid was hurting in August. It's funny that the only real pain I've had is from those two teeth, and not long before my adjustments! Maybe they know my ortho is going to check things out and think "oops, better get moving!" :-*

I've got my 2nd adjustment tomorrow morning- of course I'm looking forward to it! I've got lots of questions to ask, including what's going to happen with the gap between my upper right central and right lateral. I'm hoping he'll say "let's put a power chain on it- what colour would you like?"

I'll post some pics tomorrow, after my adjusment, and hopefully I'll have some more news.

I've now got... 24 days at uni left! :banana:

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

tulip

#107 Post by tulip »

Hi Juf_84, Thanks for posting on my thread! So I came to take a look at your story too, and see that you had a similar overlapping front tooth to what I have!! Anyway, great to see your amazing progress, and as always, it's a real inspiration to others here to see progress like yours. Plus the way you approach it mentally brings so much more positive energy to the experience!! Well done so far!

juf_84

#108 Post by juf_84 »

Hey!!

My adjustment was pretty eventful this morning, but good! Peter is very happy with my progress which is always wonderful to hear! :D He has given me a much stronger, square wire, and said it would be about the strongest wire we'd be using. The only scary part was when he was popping the wire in and said "oops"- a bit unnerving when your ortho does that. It turns out he'd only broken a bracket and that was fixed in no time.

My upper arch is level, but my lowers need to be levelled a bit more so he put a few bends in the wire to do this. At my next adjustment he'll start closing gaps! Sadly, no, I won't be wearing colourful powerchains- I asked him about colours and he said that he wants me in a strong powerchain and the strength he wants is only in clear. I guess he only buys the clear because I'm sure you can get colours in all strengths. I'm not too disapointed, as long as it works and it does the best job, I'll be happy.

It goes without saying my mouth hurts :soremouth: and my bite is way off again. Progress is progress though, I'm not complaining! Well maybe just a little bit.

I'll post some pics later in the week- I have assignments coming out of my ears at the moment. :computer: Take care, everyone.

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

lionfish

#109 Post by lionfish »

Sounds like you're doing really well there, juf_84. Look forward to seeing some pics.

tulip

#110 Post by tulip »

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the update - look forward to seeing pics. Heads down now.. work, work, work .... at least you have something to focus on rather than the pain???

juf_84

#111 Post by juf_84 »

Thanks everyone!

Kiwi and Linda- yes, it was a continuous loop version that he showed me. The coloured ones were not as tight. I can't wait to get them on and see my gaps close! It's not too far away- and I have so much on between now and then.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts with my assignments and exams. And yes tulip, it does give me something to focus on other than the pain! It's not too bad really, I notice it more at meal times of course, but it will pass quickly.

I forgot to add, I'm still in Tom, 3/8" (9.5mm) Light from my upper cuspids to my lower first molars.

Take care everyone, thankyou for you kind words!

Jennifer

UPDATED.... to include pics! Yes, I have finished my assignments so now I can dedicated some time to ArchWired.

I'll just compare the first adjustment to the second.

First Adjustment- 14th August.

Second Adjustment- 23rd October. Love the square wires!

There are a few subtle changes here and there.

I'm almost back to eating normally after my adjustment a week ago. Things are going really well. Flossing continues to be a treat! Sometimes I'll be standing there, trying to thread the floss under the wires, wondering why it's taking so long. Then it hits me- I'm trying to thread the wrong end! And last night, I swear I pulled a whole meal out from between my lower right 1st and second molars. Obviously a large gap has opened up there, which is great in some ways because it is easier to floss, but the amount of food I pull out of there is amazing!

Take care, everyone,

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#112 Post by juf_84 »

Just "bumping" as I've updated the pics in the previous post.

:D
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

tulip

#113 Post by tulip »

Excellent! Definitely taking shape - the right shape that is!!!

juf_84

#114 Post by juf_84 »

Thanks guys!

Linda, no down time I'm afraid... I have two exams, on the 10th and 15th!

After that, I have 18 days off... and start a new course! I'm a sucker for punishment... well I'm not really. It's just that I finish my law degree this year but to actually be able to practice as a lawyer I need to do a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. I'm doing it part time by distance- so I get to go home (yay!) and it will be completed in July next year. I could have had a bit more time off but I thought it would be better to get it over and done with- and when I've got my GDLP there will be so many more jobs open to me.

Sorry to get off the topic of my braces... but that's what's happening in my life!!

:D
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#115 Post by juf_84 »

Hi everyone!

I've been neglecting ArchWired over the past month or so... and I've really missed it. I'm now at home meaning no fast internet connection, only dial-up, and I'm not on the net very often.

My teeth are looking great. My next adjustment isn't too far away, and I'm really excited because it's time for a few powerchains!

I haven't got any photos from the 5 month mark, which was actually a little while ago now :oops: but I will endeavour to take some photos next monday, after my adjustment.

I saw my dentist two weeks ago for my check-up and cleaning and everything was fine, which was a relief. I knew it would be but I'm a bit of a worrier.

My only other news is that I started my Practical Legal Training today. Lots of work ahead of me but it will be worth it.

Take care everyone,

Jennifer :D
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#116 Post by juf_84 »

Yes I am still here! Again, I have been neglecting ArchWired dreadfully- same reasons I'm afraid!

Anyway, an update on my teeth:

6 months has come and gone, and things are going ok. My third adjustment which was on the 11th of December was a little bit of a non-event. No powerchains unfortunately, as one of my top teeth still needs to get itself into gear and move. A stronger square wire was put on top, with a few bends around the "lazy" tooth. Bottom wire remained. I'm still not seeing any movement with that tooth but I know it will come.

I'm enjoying the Christmas/New Year period with reckless abandon. Nuts are back in and I have really been enjoying my rocky road. Yum. Of course I am chewing carefully but I am all but back to pre-braces food :-)

On the personal front... big news! I am moving interstate to work in the graduate program with one of the federal government departments! I'm thrilled! I really really really wanted this job and unfortunately missed out earlier in the year- but they called two weeks ago and said they had a place for me- so it was a huge surprise! I am running around like a mad chook getting organised as I move on the 27th of January and start work on the 5th of February.

Take care all, I promise to be back on soon with piccies!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

lionfish

#117 Post by lionfish »

Wow - congrats on the job. I know that graduate intake jobs in the NSW state government are highly sought after. Where will you be based?

Glad you're enjoying the festive season.....and the nuts.

juf_84

#118 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Karen, Ken and Lionfish- thankyou for your messages.

I've just spent 10 minutes looking for the cord for my camera. No such luck so I'm afraid the photos will have to wait until tomorrow. :(

I'm moving to the ACT, which is a big move for me, I'm 9 hours up the coast so there won't be too many trips "home" for me. I was born in Canberra so it will be nice to go back and see how it's all going. Sadly, the suburb I lived in, Duffy, was badly damaged, much of it destroyed in the 2003 bushfires, so it will be bittersweet to see how it has changed. My memories are of a bush suburb full of "govvies" and "ex-govvies" (department of housing homes, so small and basic) but I know it is now a "new" suburb with big beautiful homes going up everywhere. My old home is still standing, which is good.

Lionfish, I feel very lucky to have gotten this job. Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed that I could get a grad job!

I rang my ortho's office in Armidale today. My ortho is based in Sydney and flies to Armidale every so often, so I have decided to move to one of his Sydney practices. Sydney is only a three-ish hour drive from Canberra, and as a public servant I'll have flex time so I can work a bit extra to take a day off here and there for my adjustments. According to my treatment card, I have five months of treatment left- which means the oringinal estimate of 9-12 months is right on target. If I only have 5 months left, that will bring me up to 11 months. I usually only go in every 8-10 weeks so that should be ok. I really didn't want to change orthos- one of the big reasons for deciding to go ahead was how I felt about my ortho. I am happy to travel to Sydney and it's not too far away.

I don't know when my fourth adjustment will be- I had to cancel my appointment in Armidale as it's on the same day I start work- 5th of Feb. I'll give his Sydney practice a call shortly and organise everything.

So much ahead of me! But it's all fun!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#119 Post by juf_84 »

Hi everyone!

Still no photos- I don't know where that cord is! I'm sure I will find it when I really get into the packing so hopefully that's not too far away. :computer:

I'm having a rough time with my teeth at the moment. Yesterday was one of those days when my whole mouth just hurt. I took some panadol and dealt with it but it wasn't fun. I also have a nasty ulcer which is getting the saltwater and sm-33 treatment which is sooo painful but sooo good when the sm-33 numbs it. I'm getting lots of sympathy from my parents, Aunty and Uncle who are visiting, and my Grandpop so I'm doing well. My Aunty had braces in the 60s and she refers to her ortho as "the butcher" so I often tell myself really I'm not suffering at all!

Rage, thank you for your congrats :) Linda, I'm not working directly for the PM so no worries there! Kiwi, having been born in Canberra, I am prepared for the cold- but there will be days when it won't be fun at all! I have all my winter woollies from Armidale- it's good to know they'll get lots of use :D But telling me it's colder than NZ? I don't know if I like that!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#120 Post by juf_84 »

Hi everyone!

The hunt is over and the cord has been found! Here is the promised pic from over a month ago- taken just after my third adjustment...

You can see one of the bends in the wire. There is another, just hiding behind that little tooth. The wire seems to be working- the tooth is slowly moving into place.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how things are going :-)

Take care,

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!