juf_84's smile ~I'm back and naked~

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

juf_84

#121 Post by juf_84 »

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

I've missed you all so much!! I have been offline for months now and tonight we finally installed our broadband so of course the first chance I got here I am!!

Big news.... the braces are coming off on the 24th of May!! Well they should be, but I'm not 100% happy with my top arch so we shall see on the day- the last few tweaks my ortho has had with my wire is helping, so hopefully by then they should look great!

I am loving my new job and new city, although it is not so new now, I have been here since January!

I will be back on regularly now and will post piccies soon!

:-1
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

lionfish

#122 Post by lionfish »

That's fantastic news.

Great that you're enjoying your job too!

juf_84

#123 Post by juf_84 »

Hey everyone!!

Thanks for your welcome!! I did really miss you all and wondered how you were all going.

I went for my 6 month checkup and clean yesterday. Among the many wonderful things about moving to Canberra is the fact that my new dentist has a hygenist! I had a lovely time in the chair getting my teeth cleaned properly- getting top marks from the hygenist, and she mentioned that I've done very well cleaning the hard spots around the brackets. So I'm feeling very positive. I'll go back after I get debanded for an x-ray to check for any cavities.

Anyway, here is what you want to see:

Looking at this pic, I'm really happy. Two of my top teeth still look a bit wonky but if you look closely that is because one of them is half covered by my gum- and the other, the gum line is slightly higher than the one next to it. My ortho isn't going to take care of this by "cutting my gums" (a friend of mine had this done- don't know if it's a technical term)- he said that within 6 months the extra tissue over one of my teeth will disappear.

I asked about my "jagged" edges and he said because there's not much chance of my teeth wearing on each other they will probably stay like that. I don't mind my jagged edges, like my ortho said, they make me look young!

I've also included a pic of my beautiful city. I took this two weeks ago from Black Mountain tower, obviously a great lookout.

Take care everyone, I will keep you updated with the final stages of my journey.

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#124 Post by juf_84 »

Hi everyone!

Well I am half naked which is a step in the right direction!! I told the hygenist yesterday that I wasn't happy with my top teeth and the ortho came over and listened to me, and agreed that we could bring the little "snaggletooth" forward a bit. Due to the shape of that tooth, and the one next to it, it will never be perfectly in line but that is fine. I could always have my dentist fiddle with it and do some cosmetic stuff but I am actually really anti- that for pure cosmetic reasons, I've never even had a filling and I don't want build-ups or veneers. So I will be perfectly happy with my slightly imperfect smile.

I will be going back on the 6th for an adjustment and my tentative de-banding date is the 19th.

So, anyway, back to my half-debanding: it wasn't very pleasant actually! Getting the molar bands off was by far the worst part (I felt like my teeth were breaking). I was also really worried my back teeth would be in bad shape after nearly a year banded up. But my teeth look great, which is fantastic. Of course they looked huge and I actually didn't like them- but this morning I woke up and I was happy.

Anyway, here is the pic of me half naked!! And you can see my little snaggle tooth next to my middle teeth. It's slowly getting there!!

Oh, I also have a bonded retainer which I am getting used to- very weird when I eat, but in no time at all I'll forget it's there!

xx Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#125 Post by juf_84 »

Whoops- before I offend anyone with my "anti veneers and buildups for cosmetic reasons" comment- let me explain. I wouldn't feel comfortable having them myself but I don't see anything wrong with anyone else having them- sorry if I did upset anyone :oops:
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Lisa65

#126 Post by Lisa65 »

Jennifer, your teeth look beautiful. They are so white! I hope that slightly wonky top tooth soon gets into line and you can be fully debraced.

Enjoy your naked bottoms (sorry that sounds a bit rude) :lol:

hannahwebbo

#127 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Juf-84 :-1

Congraluations on being half naked :banana: . Ive recently read through your story and your teeth look lovely. Hopefully mine will look as nice as yours when my journey starts.

Heres to your teeth being fully naked soon!! :-88

Hannah x

Laurie

#128 Post by Laurie »

It's completely understandable that you don't want extra work like that done. One of my first questions to my orthto was about if they were going to file all the ends of my teeth straight across (I like teeth that look real!).

lionfish

#129 Post by lionfish »

Looking really good, jennifer. For the life of me, I can't pick the "snaggle tooth"!

joney

#130 Post by joney »

You're teeth look really great and all this within 11 months. You must be really pleased, I know I would be. Congratulations on being half naked, my daughter will be half naked in a few weeks but I shall have to wait at least a year more before I am in this enviable position.

Canberra looks beautiful too, very lush looking.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

juf_84

#131 Post by juf_84 »

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate them.

lol, so many people have told me they can't tell which tooth is wonky either! It's the little one on (my) right (the one that's got lots of gum covering it)- I know I'm being very fussy about it but after all the $$ and time, I want to be happy. It has moved into place (yay!) but the middle tooth next to it has flared out ever so slightly- hopefully my ortho will do his magic and put some more bends in to correct that at my next appointment, and we should be on track for debanding the appointment after that.

I could have had my top arch debanded as well but I wasn't 100% happy... now I know when I am debanded I will be, which is great.

Jennifer :-)
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#132 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Joney, glad you liked my pic of Canberra. It is actually quite dry at the moment- Australia is in the middle of the worst drought in a very long time and if our dam doesn't fill up a bit more soon, we will be on Level 4 water restrictions from the 1st of July- that means no outside water use at all. The next level from that is a restriction on the amount of water you can use per person per day. We have had some rain, which helps to keep the place green, but not enough to fill the dam, unfortunately. So if you've got some spare rain, send it down!! Our farmers will thank you :-)
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Laurie

#133 Post by Laurie »

This is the first time in years that we've gotten out of our drought. It really is nice to see all the green!

Jennifer I really don't blame you for holding out to get your teeth just right.

juf_84

#134 Post by juf_84 »

Hey!!!!

Ok, yes, I have been a very bad arch wired friend for neglecting you all :-(

But... I am naked! Yay! They're not perfect - one of my teeth is still quite gummy and you might notice that the gum line's not perfect. My teeth are also not shaped perfectly, so the 'fit' is not quite right. But I am very happy and at the moment have no desire to 'fix' these issues - I don't feel like having the gum cut away or anything done to my teeth. They are all natural (apart from the lingual retainers) and I want to keep them that way!!

Anyway, so what's been happening? I've been incredibly busy, working and studying full time (because I am a complete sucker for punishment). I am now more than half-way through my Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice which means on the 14th of December I will be admitted as a Solicitor in the ACT!!!

And to add to the craziness - I got engaged! So in between working, studying, starting to organise the wedding and life in general, I haven't had any time for ArchWired :(

Anyway, my teeth:

They are great! Not perfect, but very good. They never will be perfect as they're not shaped to fit together perfectly. But they are 100% better than before :-). I am no longer seeing my lovely Ortho in Sydney but have transferred to a guy in Canberra as I'm now in the follow-up stage. I see him on November 1 and I am a bit nervous as he may want to band me up again... but I will wait and see. I will listen to what he says and then think about it. Why do I think this? I saw him in Feb before I decided to travel to Sydney for my adjustments and he wanted to change my braces then and there but I was happy with my treatment (and still am). I will keep you posted!

I have missed you all and I will try to be a bit more regular on the boards... not every day but I will try!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Miss Smiley

#135 Post by Miss Smiley »

I didn't notice a gummy smile or uneven gumline until you pointed it out. It's hardly noticeable and I think your teeth look great!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix