NEW

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

finallybraced

NEW

#1 Post by finallybraced »

:D Hi, I'm new here. Today is Saturday, April 29, 2006.
I just got my braces on Wednesday, April 26, 2006. I first noticed my teeth starting to grow crooked at age 8. I am now 31, married and have a 4 year old daughter.

I have a tooth pushed to the back(it is suppose to be next to my front tooth) on my right side. (Funny side note: this is how I learned my left from my right) If I could touch the tooth in the back with my tongue, I knew it was the right. This has however, greatly affected my self esteem and prevented me from laughing and smiling with my mouth wide open.

I am so happy to finally be on the road to a better smile.

Of course with that said "OUCH"!!!!! :(

I'm ready for the uncomfortable stage to pass. The inside of my mouth feels like it's sunburnt. I had some leftover RX Ibuprofen I'm taking today, that has been a big help. If U ask me they should prescribe this to any adult getting braces. At least a week's worth.

The paperwork I got said it will take 2 weeks for the cheeks to toughen up. Fine, but do I have to be miserable while it's happening?

Anyway, I'm still glad to be on my way, Finally, to a better a smile. No pain, no gain I suppose.

OK, I'll stop rambling now.

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

Hi finallybraced

Congrats on getting braced..

I understand completely where you are coming from. I'm 31 this year and i've had crooked teeth since I can remember. Its so nice to finally do something about it. Yet at the same time you could almost kick youself for not doing it earlier!!

Keep us updated with your progress

:D

pucca26

#3 Post by pucca26 »

Welcome to the braced world :banana:
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008

missingu

#4 Post by missingu »

Welcome-

One thing I've always wondered when parents of little ones get braces. Did your daughter notice something different with mommy's teeth? Was she scared or curious, or just accepted the braces and moved on. I've always thought it would be fun to write a book by interviewing children on their perceptions of their parent/caretaker's braces!

There are a lot of good suggestions about helping reduce the discomfort in the mouth. Many people swear by salt water rinses, but I don't. It seems to me that the discomfort slowly fades and at some point you realize you're not so uncomfortable.

Good luck on your journey.

Hello Kitty

#5 Post by Hello Kitty »

:D :D :D
Hi!
I'm new here as well! Good luck to you! For me, the worst part was having the braces applied, and the first 5 days afterward.
How long is your treatment?
I was told two years, and I'm getting mine removed a month 1/2 earlier.
The time goes by so very fast!!! I can't believe it's been almost 2 years!
You'll be very happy you did it!
My teeth sound similar to yours- the teeth beside my two front teeth were pushed back, making my "eye" teeth protrude and giving me a fang like appearance. I'm so glad!!!!
No more fangs!!!
Take Care!
:D
Braced~ 06/30/04
Removed~05/23/06

finallybraced

Hello Kity

#6 Post by finallybraced »

"My Treatment Time"

First I was told 20 months, then I was told 24 months, so we'll see. I'm opitmistic that it will be closer to 20. No facts to back that, just good old fashion faith and I'm hoping positive thinking works. Either way at least it'll be done.

finallybraced

My Daughter's Reaction

#7 Post by finallybraced »

Well, when I dropped my daughter off at preschool, she knew I was getting braces(of course she didn't know what that was).

When I picked her up, I held my arms out for my usual hug and she was just looking at my teeth with a curious little grin. Then she said, "You got brace-a-letts?"

She does ask a lot of questions about them. The first 2 days, she would ask to see my "Bace-a-letts", when I did she would laugh and gigle. I do look funny and of course it's so awkward trying to speak. My husband kept laughing at me too.

Now, she's getting used to them.

My husband and I work with teenagers at church. I'm sure they will laugh too, although now I look like one of them. All our close friends tell me I look like a teenager. That has it's positive and negative consequences.

belmikry

#8 Post by belmikry »

welcome back tot he forums finallybraced! :) hope things are going well :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

finallybraced

Thanks

#9 Post by finallybraced »

Thanks for the Welcome Back, so how does it feel to be free? Hope you have Pics and Congrats!!!!!!!! :D