Rage has avoided jaw surgery…(Pix update 07/11/08)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhonda30

#136 Post by rhonda30 »

Your teeth look very nice and hopefully your treatment is toward the end of the 3rd period.

I had to laugh, I was also at a BBQ yesterday and saw the others eating corn on the cobb, it looked so good-- someday.

minlou01

#137 Post by minlou01 »

Looking good Rage! Here's to corn on the cob being in your near future! I bet you will enjoy every single bite!

3/10/07 Upper Wisdom Teeth Extracted
3/24/07 Lower Wisdom Teeth Extracted-Major Complications (Fractured Jaw & Dry Sockets) Postponed B-Day by 2 Months
6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!

Miss Smiley

#138 Post by Miss Smiley »

I had corn on the cob...It was great, I was careful with it though. I didn't romp into as usual, instead I picked off one row by hand, and then was able to get myself started. It was so worth it!! Rage, you're a machine for riding your bike in that kind of heat. I live in So. Cal but anything for 78F is too hot for me. I should move to Alaska.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

jennandtonic

#139 Post by jennandtonic »

Your arches are looking great, indeed!

Sorry about those unintended gaps, hope they stay closed this time around.

I usually chop the corn off the cob when a place is serving corn on the cob, but it's not the same...

Anyway, hope this time around the tenderness doesn't last long! Great progress, rage.

Laurie

#140 Post by Laurie »

I love riding bikes but alas I don't have one to use anymore. Maybe I need to remedy that. :wink:

Wow, it sounds like you had quite an adjustment. Sounds rough!

Jillianleab

#141 Post by Jillianleab »

Sounds like a mighty painful adjustment, Rage! I hope now that a few days have passed the pain has subsided...

I can't believe you rode your bike in that heat! But hey, good for you, exercise is very important, and it's great you have the dedication to do it in less than ideal conditions.

Looking forward to the next update!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Granola

#142 Post by Granola »

Just read back a page and saw your most recent photos -- your teeth are looking great! Look at those nicely rounded and wide arches!
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

iBorg

#143 Post by iBorg »

Rage:
Been dealing with all sorts of things and haven't kept up. You look wonderful. Sorry you got wire ties. I miss the wonderful color assortments.

Seriously, any idea how much longer you got? If the S word is out, you must be near counting down the months.

Mike
Last edited by iBorg on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

iBorg

#144 Post by iBorg »

Rage:
What a bummer. Let's try to find some bright sides. First, you were smart enough to have your helmet on. Without it, you would be a bit worse off than you are. As for road rash, I hope the hospital or doctor gave you something good for it. If not get some neosporin and try it. Haven't had it for years but when I was serious into cycling I kept my legs shaved to make recovery better. I hope you've found some good pain meds.

Hopefully your bike will look better when you are feeling better. I would have someone check the alignment. That hard of a fall might knock it out enough to make it wander on a fast descent.

As for your laptop, would insurance cover a new one? Plus all your files you didn't back up (no one ever does) are still accessible. I'd get them backed up as soon as possible if not sooner. That hard of a lick can't be good for it.

Here's to a better weekend.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Tin Indian

#145 Post by Tin Indian »

OMG Rage! :yikes: Glad you feel good enough to still get around although still a bit sore. Sorry about your bike but You are fotunate not to get hurt worse and you certainly can replace your items but not you! Hope you heal fast and I think you will beacause of the training and being fit as you are.Please take it easy for a few days and let your body heal.Please.
T.I.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Jillianleab

#146 Post by Jillianleab »

YEEOUCH! Sounds like you took a really nasty spill, and like everyone has said you're really lucky the damage to your body was minimal! I guess biking comes with the risk of taking a tumble, and that's why people wear helmets! I hope you recover soon - road rash is no fun. Hopefully you won't be left with any scarring either.

Bummer about your laptop and cell phone; at least they still work. They really make those things pretty strong; I have a friend who dropped his cell into a lake and had to dive in after it - a day of drying in the sun and it worked just fine. Another friend dropped her phone and smashed the display glass and almost split the thing in two - still worked! Heehee, call your cell company and see if they will give you a new one! As far as the laptop, is it a company laptop? Will they replace it?

Hope you are feeling better!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Tin Indian

#147 Post by Tin Indian »

Hey Rage,
Hope this finds you well and already well on the mend. :dance:
We are going to the C.G. festival for junk food on Friday and I'll gladly eat something like a Pronto pup or Corn Dog or Caramel Corn or Bavarian fat ball or funnel Cake for you if it will make you feel better since you can't be here. :wink: :wink:
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Laurie

#148 Post by Laurie »

Yikes Rage! That sounds PAINFUL! I'm glad that you are, for the most part, ok. You are right, it could of been so much worse!

Braceschris

#149 Post by Braceschris »

I hope that you are doing well and healing. Hope nothing happen to your braces and jaw.

Chris

Laurie

#150 Post by Laurie »

I broke off a bracket this past Friday chewing chicken! LOL! Your teeth are looking wonderful I must say.

I'm excited to hear your story on State Wars!