Favourite Chewing gum?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

ShinySmile

#16 Post by ShinySmile »

Extra sugar-free cool green apple! Yum! Except, I don't have braces yet...just an expander-- it's a project trying to chew gum with this thing in! :lol:

6/27/2006-- RPE cemented

meekat28

#17 Post by meekat28 »

I LIKE EXTRA SUGARFREE, ALSO. :o

Idislikebraces

#18 Post by Idislikebraces »

Even though I was told not too...(I do everything nd eat everything that im not supposed to ne ways..haha)

BIG RED!!
Im chewing it right now....YAYA! 8)
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

Lisa65

#19 Post by Lisa65 »

Lucy have you tried the new Fire Extra? It's cinnamon flavoured and quite nice. I'm not a big fan of chewing gum as a rule but i do keep a packet in my bag for emergencies.

Lisa65

#20 Post by Lisa65 »

Well my local Co-op stocks it, but I only saw it last week for the first time. So maybe it hasn't got over to darkest Essex yet :wink:

juf_84

#21 Post by juf_84 »

Wow, can't believe so many people got told not to chew gum- I was told the sugar-free stuff was absolutely fine and could be used instead of wax.

Although.... :-(* I HATE gum. Think it's really gross. Never liked it. I think I'm a bit of a freak that way lol!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Dramagyrl

#22 Post by Dramagyrl »

I was never told anything on the gum topic, so I dunno if I should or shouldn't.
After reading a thread a couple weeks ago, i went out and stocked up to help get through some of my initial painful days. I found the chewing really hard and, while I was only an occassional gum chewer to begin with, some of the really painful experiences turned me off a bit. And there was a bit of clumping and sticking to brackets and I felt I could only hanlde the gum a very short time.
I've tried Trident Splash- both vanilla mint and apple raspberry as well as Trident veryberry. All three have a crunchy outside which might have been part of the problem.

The other day a friend gave me a piece of Freedent, which apparently doesn't stick to dental work. It was much easier and I plan to get more to try.

>tRoUbLe<

#23 Post by >tRoUbLe< »

I'm a little afraid to try gum (not braced yet, will be on 9/7/06)...

...will stick to Altoids...

:)

SolarFeline

#24 Post by SolarFeline »

My ortho did not tell me one way or the other...hmmm

Before braces, I used to use Wrigley's Extra Professional Spearmint, and loved it to bits.

Now, chewing using my molars is painful, so I think anything involving chewing is going to be not on my agenda.

I do miss chewing gum, it was great to clean teeth and freshen breath! Apologies if I just sounded like an ad.... :lol:

bunnyfluff

#25 Post by bunnyfluff »

Trident. The Tropical Twist flavor has been my saving grace for the past 2 1/2 years! I go through about 2 packs (18 pieces each) every week. :)

I can't wait to chew it without braces!

wonderstuf

#26 Post by wonderstuf »

I was told no gum as well... I really miss Bubble Yum cotton candy flavor :(

ghostmyimag3

#27 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I have not ventured into the gum thing, but i never chewed it before braces because it made my jaws sore from all the chewing. I was told the basics, no hard candy, no chips, no gum and nothing sticky.
However i have eaten salsa chips from Chili's with no problems ha ha.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

hopelessjen

#28 Post by hopelessjen »

I know this thread has died, but I still think Extra is AMAZING! I tried a few kinds right after the top ones went on and one kind took me 15 minutes to unwind and pull off the little cleats on the inside of my bands. After that I stick to Extra ( although I do like Orbitz) because it has a firm texture. When my teeth seem to sore and akward after an adjustment I try to chew as much as possible and for me it eases the discomfort. I think I just get used to the positions and feelings quicker.

Taylor

#29 Post by Taylor »

mmm. . .Trident Original.

gunter8888

#30 Post by gunter8888 »

Cinnamon Orbit. Arrrg! I am all out! I always have a pack (or two) in my backpack.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces