Which electric toothbrush do you have and why did you choose it?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

doesntworkonwood

Which electric toothbrush do you have and why did you choose it?

#1 Post by doesntworkonwood »

I'm in the market and I'm getting a lot of mixed reviews so I thought I'd ask here!

LD314

Re: Which electric toothbrush do you have and why did you choose it?

#2 Post by LD314 »

I use an Oral B Pro 3000, it has the same rotations (how fast the bristles move and clean teeth) as the most expensive oral B models such as 4000 and 5000, so removes just as much plaque, however it does not come with the expensive price tag and can be found with huge price cuts on groupon and amazon. It is cheaper than the others as it does not have the gimmicks such as earphone thingy to connect to your phone. Or a so called "whitening" mode (it just slows down the rotations to make more of a polish than a scrub, plus it requires the whitening head (containing a rubber cup) which wouldn't be good for anyone with braces.

I chose the Oral B range because I love their products - superfloss, toothpaste. Also Oral B offer an orthodontic kit containing 2 different heads that can be attached to the toothbrush both extremely good at getting behind braces and in difficult gaps!

I think the toothbrush comes with a cross action head and a sensitive teeth head but I highly recommend purchasing the orthodontic set.

Gafs

#3 Post by Gafs »

I second that. I have an oral B, I have no idea which model but it wasn't very expensive. I bought the orthondic heads from Amazon and my teeth feel amazing after using it!

I have the sonic air flosser too which is ok but a bit expensive and not much use after a tightening or when your teeth are a little sensitive as it is quite forceful.

kattiar

#4 Post by kattiar »

I have an Oral B triumph 7000 (black edition). I chose Oral B because thats the only brand with ortho heads that I could find. The model itself... it was half price. I'm sure cheaper models do just as great a job. The little timer it comes with is handy though -- I love keeping track of these things. :p

EWUgal15

#5 Post by EWUgal15 »

I used a Sonicare throughout my entire time in braces. I had an E series before braces that was a Christmas gift from my mom. About halfway through, I upgraded to a FlexCare model that takes the Diamond Clean heads. My orthodontist recommends Sonicare to patients that don't have an electric toothbrush. The only difference between Sonicare and Oral B are the shape of the heads. Everything else is basically the same.

Snoopy41

#6 Post by Snoopy41 »

I have an oral B. It has the timer that I like. I buy replacement heads from Groupon for cheap. My whole mouth feels clean.

Tree84

#7 Post by Tree84 »

Sonicare here, basically because its what they had at the shop but i'm happy with it.

autumnpath

#8 Post by autumnpath »

I have a jetpic. I got it because it also has the water attachment and I'm hoping it will allow me to clean my braces better...we'll see....

friendlyturtle

#9 Post by friendlyturtle »

I have an Oral-B Pro 5000 and I love it! My old manual toothbrush was getting old and since I already invested in a Waterpik, I thought that I would also get myself a nice toothbrush. This one is quite nice with changable heads and earphone thingy connectivity. The app is quite cool as it tracks everything for you, and gives you words of encouragement. :)

LaFawnsgrillz

#10 Post by LaFawnsgrillz »

I got a Sonicare Diamond Clean last year, I got it because I had got a Sonicare from my grandma 7+ years before it stopped holding a charge; it still worked fine but I wanted one with more setting options. So I decided since the one I had lasted so long I would stick with Sonicare. I love the many different settings esp the sensitive setting, it was really nice for when I had just had adjustments and my teeth hurt . Also love the white setting , it goes a little longer and deeper. Also live the different kind of brush heads that you can choose from.

znkbraces

#11 Post by znkbraces »

Sonicare because my dentist recommended. It saved my mouth.

nteff

#12 Post by nteff »

OralB because they have always had a good reputation.

jk40

#13 Post by jk40 »

I have only bought Oral B toothbrushes. The first one lasted years, and died. I was gifted an omron (colgate) one and it was horrible. Felt really cheap and nasty, not powerful and reassuring like the Oral B. Also I have big hands, and the omron felt like a toothpick compared to the Oral B

All I did was use up the free heads over a few months and switched back to the Oral B!

LittleTooth

#14 Post by LittleTooth »

Sonicare. Saved my mouth as well. This thing is amazing! I mostly chose it because it sounds way more quiet than the oral b brushes and I hate brushing with loud devices. Very easy to use and does awesome job. Keeps gingivitis away

uyianns

#15 Post by uyianns »

I use the Phillips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart. Uses earphone thingy tech. on your phone to give you a roadmap of your mouth of where to clean and for how long.