just got my braces

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

megL

just got my braces

#1 Post by megL »

hey I'm 17 and got my brackets fitted last week and having my wires fitted this Thursday. I just wanted to know if anyone has got any tips for me and if anyone else can eat with spacers on, cause even soft food hurt my teeth :cry: I'm also wondering if there is anything that can stop your cheek from getting attached to your brackets at night, cause now I've got all sores in my mouth :x

chloecook

Re: just got my braces

#2 Post by chloecook »

So I had spacers for 3 weeks. After the first week of having them they fit my bands and then put them back in. So two weeks after that I got my palate expander didn't hurt at all only had a little bit of a lisp. Braces only hurt for a couple days. I know your wondering how I know but with experience from my sister she didn't say they hurt. If my palate is expanded enough I will get my braces :D

phasesofbeauty

#3 Post by phasesofbeauty »

Time heals a lot of things.

Your mouth will "toughen up".

How are you doing now?
Helpful Information to Make Your Life More Frugal and More Fun!
https://krystalbrownblog.wordpress.com

Catpotat

#4 Post by Catpotat »

Here is a trick I came up with when I was fed up with trying to wax every single bracket, or if you run out of wax. Take a piece of glad wrap/cling film and fold it until it's a little puffy rectangle. Put it between your braces and your cheeks/lips. It's temporary relief and I wouldn't recommend sleeping with it in, but if you really can't take it anymore and need a break from your braces rubbing it's easy and quick to do :)