Waterpik in the shower

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

nitro

Waterpik in the shower

#1 Post by nitro »

I'm under the impression that I should buy a Waterpik before I get my braces on. I'm also under the impression that I should use it in the shower for some reason? I've never been one to brush in the shower and the thought of cleaning my teeth in the shower is a bit weird to me. Is it really that messy/wet, or can I get by just using it at my sink?

ItsFreyja

Re: Waterpik in the shower

#2 Post by ItsFreyja »

Most of us Waterpik over the sink. (Frankly I'm not sure how doing it in the shower would work with the power cord, water hose, etc.) It's a little messy at first but with practice you'll get better at not spraying your entire bathroom.

teeebeee

#3 Post by teeebeee »

I just do it over the sink though I have a cordless one. It's never occurred to me to use it in the shower!

However, it is an artform and you will end up with extra clean spots all around the bathroom, on the ceiling and in your eye! :lol:

T xx

nitro

#4 Post by nitro »

So you are saying I should get one of these bad boys:

teeebeee

#5 Post by teeebeee »

So long as you leave a mouth hole! :wink:

Txx

gglass

#6 Post by gglass »

If you use the waterpik, the studies have shown the best results come with mixing half water half Listerine.

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

There is such a thing as a waterpik-type device meant for the shower.

http://www.showerfloss.com/

http://oralbreeze.com/products/oral-bre ... -irrigator
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!