Movement

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Basher

Movement

#1 Post by Basher »

Ive had my brace on now just over a month and i cant see any movement.
How long does it normally take to see any sort of movement?
Also how long does it take till i start noticing a big difference in movement?

Paris19

Re: Movement

#2 Post by Paris19 »

What type of brace are you wearing? If it's a Damon I would have said within 4 weeks. Damon braces allow quicker movement of teeth in a short amount of time. My teeth have moved 4mm to the right side to allow space for where I have missing lateral incisor.

Carnations

#3 Post by Carnations »

I've had mine 8 days and while I can't yet see any movement, I know it is happening because I'm now able to use the interdental brushes to clean between my bottom teeth for the first time in my life.

nickd503

#4 Post by nickd503 »

Only 5 days and I could be a complete weirdo but I feel a change in my bite. I had a wonky tooth that kind of jets out and before braces I could bite down and all the teeth would sit in a comfortable position but now when I bite the wonky tooth is starting to connect at a point that it didn't before....but like I said, I could just be weird and over anxious for results!!

Wheeles498

#5 Post by Wheeles498 »

I have Damon system with custom bracket/wires and it took me about 5-6 weeks before I could notice a significant change.

Glhernan

#6 Post by Glhernan »

I have the Damon clear braces on top and bottom for 4 days. Top have moved a bit but they were not very bad to begin with. Bottom have not moved much. I'm very anxious to see results !!!!

BettyWhyte

#7 Post by BettyWhyte »

I have regular braces. It's been three weeks today since I got my braces put on. Sometimes I think there has been change but when I look at my teeth compared to my before braces picture it day one of braces I questions what I think I see. It does feel different when I bite down. But that may be because I'm paying attention to the feeling.
I'm typically a very impatient person so I know I need to relax and just 'trust the process'. My treatment is due to last 18 months but I'm not getting my hopes up just in case things change. im getting my crossbite, overjet, center gap :GapToothed: and off center midline aligned. I sucked my thumb as a child

cdmoses6

#8 Post by cdmoses6 »

Everyone is different! Did you take pictures on day 1? If so, try taking a new picture and compare them side by side on your computer. I was feeling the same as you until I tried this, and the subtle changes in my wire became very obvious! It was just the boost I needed :) Best wishes to you!
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

Catpotat

#9 Post by Catpotat »

I noticed movement and my teeth straightening up in less than 24 hours of having braces placed. Was shocked and pleasantly surprised