Weight loss

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

rachelb

Re: Weight loss

#31 Post by rachelb »

Looking forward to shaping up a bit after getting myself braced! Summer is around the corner and I want my bikini body ready :jump:

girlgonemild

#32 Post by girlgonemild »

I haven't lost a pound! I've had braces on for three weeks now and have been pretty lucky in that I can eat everything (basically).

yumitan89

#33 Post by yumitan89 »

lost 4pounds in 2 weeks :|

PhDGuy

#34 Post by PhDGuy »

I lost around 8 lbs in 3 weeks. Most of my weight loss happened after getting spacers and over the first two weeks of having braces when the only items I could eat were soups or super soft and mushy things. At this rate, I think I will get to my target weight by the second or the third adjustment :wink:

Top and Bottom Damon 3MX Braces put on 4/13/2015

Snowglobe32

#35 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I lost 30lbs in 4 months....I loved it!

bangbangprettypretty

#36 Post by bangbangprettypretty »

Just had my top brace on - waiting expectantly for my bikini bod!
:wink:

metalliKa

#37 Post by metalliKa »

I've lost about 5# since I got braced on March 24 of this year. Since then, I've being doing a raw green/vanilla yogurt shake in the morning. I eat regularly for lunch and dinner (food cut into nibble size, of course!). I hope to continue with the morning shake so I can lose weight gradually. I eat healthier now than before braces. Though I'm a little peeved that I can't enjoy real food with some real good chewing.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

ThoriatedFlash

#38 Post by ThoriatedFlash »

I've lost a few pounds this first week with braces. I think it was because my teeth hurt so I would eat slowly and not chew so much. I think my stomach had to spend more time digesting so I felt full a lot longer. Also I didn't snack so I didn't have to brush. Now my teeth are getting used to the braces and I am eating more. I am trying to slow down so I feel full before I eat too much. I'm hoping I will continue to lose some weight as an added perk to getting my teeth straightened.

occamsblazer

#39 Post by occamsblazer »

I'm really worried about losing wait as I'm already a bit twiggy (and not in the good way) - can you eat stuff like pasta when you first get braces on or would it be too hard?

Kararenee90

#40 Post by Kararenee90 »

Pasta was a lifesaver for me starting out!!!! Even thin pasta like spaghetti worked as long as you cut it into bite size. I ate a ton of pasta and mashed potatoes when I first got braces.

Oversmite

#41 Post by Oversmite »

I've had mine on nearly a week and have put on 2kg :( if I don't eat enough or the same, my body tends to freak out more and hoard my weight rather than lose it sadly!! Hoping it'll level out and I'll be able to shed some kgs while my braces still make solid food difficult lol. I've been getting by on smoothies, smooth soups (not chunky ones), meal replacement shakes and penne pasta!

-MM
Braced: 10th March, 2016

Sentence: 18 months (no probation)

testimony777

#42 Post by testimony777 »

I haven't weighed myself but I am pretty sure I've lost weight. Today is the first day I can chew with only mild pain so I have been living on yogurt, soup, and mashed potatoes. In addition to that, I haven't been snacking AT ALL. I am eating just enough to survive at this point as the discomfort has been a huge deterrent to hunger.

Ziggy

#43 Post by Ziggy »

I'm in one month and I've lost 5 lbs. I need to lose some weight so this is good. Like many of you, I just don't eat as much since I can't eat the things I used to, and it's just a pain to have to brush after eating just about anything. Not sure, but if I can lose 25 lbs that might be better than straightening my teeth. This is a very expensive weight loss program. :D

ohricochet

#44 Post by ohricochet »

I lost 12 pounds the first year I had braces because it hurt so bad and the wires cause so many ulcers when I chewed. Got used to it after and put back all the weight and more :oops:

carmenjimenez

#45 Post by carmenjimenez »

Successful weight loss, and more importantly long term weight loss requires a change in our daily routine. Changing the way you think about food and lifestyle and exercise is what will lead you to permanent weight loss and better health. While looking out for the natural and rapid weight-loss I got many useful contents like http://www.nuez-dela-india.com/ , which are very helpful and inspiring to do weight loss. Weigh loss reduction should be natural and healthful.