Cordless Waterpik charger cord split

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

methoddan

Cordless Waterpik charger cord split

#1 Post by methoddan »

I have had my Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser WP-450 for about 2 years before getting my braces and I love it. Worked great after I got my wisdom teeth out (used months later to avoid dry sockets). Go figure that one week into braces and the AC charger cord splits. Has anyone's done this? I have read about the connectors corroding, but not splitting. I ordered a replacement charger, but I hope my Waterpik holds it's charge by the time it arrives.

shekhinak

Re: Cordless Waterpik charger cord split

#2 Post by shekhinak »

I realize this is a somewhat delayed response to your post, but did the wires just separate? That's a little unusual, but if that the case, as long as the wires themselves are intact - the charger should still work. If there was any bare wire, well I suppose you could tape it with electrical tape for an emergency fix... but the right thing to do is replace the charger. Exposed wires and water, usually aren't a good combinations :(

methoddan

Re: Cordless Waterpik charger cord split

#3 Post by methoddan »

The wire separated at the end where the plug is, so I could not repair it. I agree. I ordered a replacement charger and all is good now.
Braces on August 9, 2011
Braces off November 30, 2012

My braces story take #2