Dentek Braces Clean Floss picks

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Katvo

Dentek Braces Clean Floss picks

#1 Post by Katvo »

The best thing ever (as far as I was concerned) happened while I was in braces.... Dentek came out with floss picks that are designed to fit under wires between brackets!!! I'm a totally lazy flosser- have been all my life and two root canals and two crowns later I've almost learned my lesson. They made flossing SO much faster (and wayyyyy better than using threaders!)

My other favorite product was the Dentek Easy Brush Cleaners. They come with little caps and were so handy to keep in my purse for maintenance out and about. There's nothing better than shiny wires and brackets. (If you're going to be stared at, don't have fuzzy brackets)

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried the floss picks from Dentek. I work in a dental office- so I had a go at them while they were still in the early marketing phase. It seems they have been released for retail sales now and I'm wondering if most folks have luck with them.

-Kat

bbsadmin

Re: Dentek Braces Clean Floss picks

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Plackers has a similar product:

http://www.dentakit.com/plackers.html

There are so many types of interproximal brushes out there (many that are not sold in stores) it could make your head spin! Just open up a dental catalog and you'll be amazed.

We sell a few different types at DentaKit.com. My favorites are the Denticator products, SulcaBrush and Proxi-Tip:

http://www.dentakit.com/dentalpicks.html

We don't currently sell the Dentek products, but they do make really nice brushes and picks. I've actually been thinking of carrying them because Dentek's products always seem very well-made.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

belistic10

Re: Dentek Braces Clean Floss picks

#3 Post by belistic10 »

i plan on asking my orthodontist what he reckons i should use, as i am a bit worried how i will go brushing and flossing! not long till i find out! i am glad they seem to have some special gear to use, might have to buy a electric brush too i guess