What type of toothpaste do you use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

cs2thecox

Re: What type of toothpaste do you use?

#46 Post by cs2thecox »

I like my toothpastes gritty, so either Arm & Hammer Sensitive, or Oral B Pro-Expert but only when it's on special.

I suffered from sensitive teeth in the past, but the Arm & Hammer works well to fix it (better than Sensodyne for me) and the Oral B also has enough sensitivity ingredients in to control it enough to get me through a tube.

I also use Eludril mouthwash in the morning to keep my gums healthy, and I'm meant to use Duraphat 5000 at night but my orthodontist just gave me Flouriguard rinse, so I'll do that instead - it's not good to have *too* much flouride! (Did anyone else see that episode of CSI where they killed someone with toothpaste?!)

Faithsdaisy421

#47 Post by Faithsdaisy421 »

Colgate Total. I am loving the stuff...

Dana6

#48 Post by Dana6 »

Used Colgate Total for years but now I think I prefer Crest ProHealth.

Bracedbeauty22

#49 Post by Bracedbeauty22 »

I've been using crest pro health but I've been thinking about switching back to sensodyne because I've started developing some sensitivity with my front teeth.

schilla36

#50 Post by schilla36 »

ProNamel Sensodyne Gentle Whitneing. Awesome and builds up hard enamel to strengthen and whiten teeth.

metalliKa

#51 Post by metalliKa »

schilla36 wrote:ProNamel Sensodyne Gentle Whitneing. Awesome and builds up hard enamel to strengthen and whiten teeth.
I'm currently using this but without the whitening. I have developed sensitivity after my last adjustment.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

MetalMonica

#52 Post by MetalMonica »

I use colgate total because that's what the ortho gave me in my sample bag.

braceyfacey

#53 Post by braceyfacey »

I use Dr. Bronner's All-One Toothpaste. Currently have the Cinnamon flavour and it tastes like donuts.

sandraa15

#54 Post by sandraa15 »

oral B 3D whitening toothpaste and colgate total.. i also use neutrafluor 5000 toothpaste at night

carrieann

#55 Post by carrieann »

Is it OK to use a whitening toothpaste with braces? My treatment coordinator told me not to whiten my teeth while in braces, but that was after I told her I was whitening them with trays b/f the braces came on. Since they were whitened b/f I put the braces in, I'm thinking it's OK to use a whitening toothpaste a couple times per week to maintain.

I also learned in order for the whitening toothpaste to actually work you need to brush each tooth 20 seconds.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

EWUgal15

#56 Post by EWUgal15 »

There's a great sticky here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=48960 about different kinds of toothpaste. There's even a special section about whitening.

FixMyTeeth

#57 Post by FixMyTeeth »

I use Biotene toothpaste because it's one of the only ones available here that has fluoride but no surfactants. Almost every other SLS-free toothpaste is pandering to anti-fluoride crazies. I really dislike regular toothpaste.

samsung95

#58 Post by samsung95 »

Love Colgate, it's more of a gel, feels cleaner to me than the chalky white ones

carewsf

#59 Post by carewsf »

Cheapest one with flouride in it

Aqualily

#60 Post by Aqualily »

I have always loved Colgate total and still use it with my braces! It's the only toothpaste that has been able to keep my gingivitis under control, and I love how clean it makes my mouth feel after use.