What kind of lip balm do you use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

touchofhiddencharm

Re: What kind of lip balm do you use?

#121 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Burts bees ultra conditioning with kokum butter

mysticgirl916

#122 Post by mysticgirl916 »

Yesterday I started trying EOS lip balm. I got Strawberry Sorbet flavor and it glides on really easily - plus it keeps my lips really smooth

wmills

#123 Post by wmills »

Aquaphor - mineral oil based lip repain...love it!

ItsFreyja

#124 Post by ItsFreyja »

When I was on Accutane as a teenager, I begged my dermatologist to prescribe me some super-duper long-lasting lip ointment since my lips were Sahara-dry. What he gave me was apparently Vaseline with a bitterant added, I guess on the theory (probably true!) that lip balms that don't last, don't last because we lick them off. I was definitely not tempted to lick my lips while using that stuff! :FeelSick:

EWUgal15

#125 Post by EWUgal15 »

Baby Lips Dr. Rescue by Maybelline New York is my favorite. I usually use the clear peppermint, but they also make tinted shades if you need to dress it up for work. At night, I swap out for their clear moisturizing one or clear peppermint that doesn't have the medication in it.

girlgonemild

#126 Post by girlgonemild »

I bought a 3 pack of Blistex Fruit Smoothies. It's ok, I mostly just wanted a couple of cheap lip balms to throw in my bag for the office, at home, and in my purse.

lazarus

#127 Post by lazarus »

I've been using straight-up Vaseline from since so far I've had a hard time using anything in stick form (*sigh* Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, we will meet again some day). You can buy it in a tube here, which is perfect for carrying it around in my bag.

WiredWeaver

#128 Post by WiredWeaver »

Another EOS fan here! :-1 it works great and doesn't feel greasy or migrate off my lips. I have super oily skin, so any lip balm that stays put is a winner in my books!

kelly88

#129 Post by kelly88 »

Vaseline! I get terrible reactions to sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate so always have dry lips. Vaseline is the only thing that doesn't dry my lips more.

samsung95

#130 Post by samsung95 »

Highly recommend Blistex

kelskelskels

#131 Post by kelskelskels »

I currently switch between two:
one is called 'sugar' and can be purchased at cosmetics stores like Sephora, it makes my lips feel super smooth almost instantly... the only downside is it is a little spendy, around $20 for one stick which is pretty ridiculous!

My other is Smith's minted rose lip balm. I have seen it at many cosmetic specialty stores and department stores. The price is much more reasonable, about $5. It also comes in two forms, a circular metal tin to be applied by finger, or a squeeze tube (with the slanted tip)... both have worked great!

bumbleb79

#132 Post by bumbleb79 »

I've been using good old cocoa flavoured Vaseline in a little tin. I've got a couple of stick lip balms but found they felt a bit waxy and made my lips dryer. The Vaseline seems to make my lips more 'slippy'

26inbraces

#133 Post by 26inbraces »

I use Original Chapstick. Even before braces, I was a Chapstick addict. I always have it with me and use it throughout the day. Probably even more now with braces. I hate any kind of flavored chapsticks or off-brands... :yuck:

assertives

#134 Post by assertives »

I have a few that I rotate depending on my mood. Currently rotating between eos, kiehl's butterstick, glam glow poutmud and chanel hydra beauty.

EmilyTravels

#135 Post by EmilyTravels »

Mee Beauty "Bee Kissed" -- great natural balm, no petroleum derivatives, and glides on super soft, very reasonably priced. It's the best lip balm, bar none, I've ever used. Available at the big "A" (not putting name in as I think it will be changed to "spam spam spam").